+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default What's your 1 year old eating?

What does a typical day look like eating-wise for your one year old? I'm not sure my bub is getting enough food in the day so wanted to check in with other mums to see what and how much their bubs are consuming.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My daughter just turned 1. She's a bit off her food today as she's not well but a typical day looks like this:
    Breakfast - 1 weetbix, 1 banana, handful of blueberries
    Morning tea - homemade fruit muffin or biscuits
    Lunch - vegetable fritter, fish fingers / chicken or beef rissoles, sometimes more fruit or cheese sticks
    Afternoon tea - yogurt
    Dinner - whatever we're having, if we have pasta she'll have close to an adult sized serving, anything else she totals maybe 1/2 cup of food. She tends not to be a big dinner eater.
    We're in the process of weaning her off her bottles so she's only been having a cup of milk with meals (which she rarely drinks) and a 150ml bottle before bed at night

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My DS is 13 mo. A typical day is
    If up before 6:30 I give a bottle if not he has porridge with dates for breakfast
    Cruskits w avocado and some fruit for morning tea.
    Sleep for 1.5 hrs
    Yogurt on waking
    Sandwich and fruit (strawberries cherry tomatoes etc) for lunch
    Sleep for 2.5 hrs
    Sultanas/muesli bar on waking
    Dinner usually pasta or rice with veg and meat
    Bottle then bed.

Some days eats more, others less

At the same age my DD at about half the amount DS does

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi - here's an average day for my 1yr old DS.

Breakfast: he really only likes eggs (usually 2 scrambled), but i'm not cooking eggs everyday!! He will eat dry cereal or porridge with maple syrup and a little cup of my smoothie. Breakfast is a pain.

Morning tea: cheese stick or yoghurt and fruit, then he has a bottle before his nap.

Lunch: sandwich/toasted sandwich boiled, eggs or baked beans on toast, a plate of different bits & pieces (ham, salad etc).

Afternoon tea: he doesn't really eat much here- maybe some sultans or fruit (which he will usually drop everywhere) a biscuit or rice/corn thin with avo or something. I find afternoon tea hard too.

Dinner: whatever we are eating. Most of the time he eats more than his 3yr old brother (if he like what I have cooked)!!

Bedtime: bottle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DS is now 2.5yrs and is eating a bit more but when he was 1, he was, quite literally, only eating 5 blueberries a day (he was still b/feeding as well - maybe a tad too much?).

I started a few threads on here as I was also worried that he wasn't eating enough. Slowly but surely, he's now increased the amount he eats - he also loves a wide variety of things and is willing to give anything a go.

I think as long as you are offering healthy options throughout the day and your bubs is drinking well, having wet nappies, is happy and isn't losing weight then you are on the right track.

Best wishes :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Breastfeed when she wakes up

Breakfast about 2 hrs later usually vegemite and cheese toast (her fave, give her anything else for breaky and shes devo)

Breastfeed

Lunch - usually a cruskit with avocado or cream cheese, some fruit and yogurt

Breastfeed

Dinner - first I give her some vegies, if I give her everything at once she wont touch them. Then some of whatever I've cooked (she eats what I eat) then she'll have a little serve of cheese.

Breastfeed before bed.

Reading everyone elses replies has me wondering if Im feeding her enough...I dont generally give her snacks yet because she would rather bf and if I give her snacks she wont eat her meals

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD is 14mths.

She usually wakes around 6.30am.
    Breakfast: weetbix with fruit & Vegemite toast
    Morning Tea: yoghurt, fruit, sultanas
    Lunch: sandwich, ham & salad, quiche, cruskits
    Sleep: 11am
    Arvo Tea: cheese, biscuit, sultanas, fruit
    Dinner: whatever we ate the night before, she eats around 5pm
    Bed & bottle at 6pm.

lexim is offline Winner 2013 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Ds is 13months
    Breakky at 7 - either 2 scrambled eggs with 1 piece of avocado toast.

Bottle then bed at 930

Snack - some sort of fruit usually and yoghurt

Lunch -either toasted sandwhich, pasta bake, dinner leftovers, homemade sausage rolls, quiches, zucchini sliceetc etc. I try and make stuff and freeze it for quick lunches

Small bottle then sometimes nap at about 1pm

Arvo snack -either cruskits with avocado, fruit, bits of cheese, sultanas, etc

Dinner - whatever we are having. Loves steak or lamb chops etc there his fav.

Bottle then bed at 730

DH, Me and our two boys.
    #3 due 30th Sept