+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpysmurf View Post
    Lots, I'm not even sure I want to count and face the reality lol

I can't believe a previous poster has just 2 pairs of shorts??!! I swear my toddler wears 3-5 pairs of shorts a day, just getting grubby or covered in food/dirt/ water or worse :/
    we only have 3 now because I went and put about 6 pairs away, but we are sw vic and he is mostly pants now anyway.... So the 3 we have will be plenty.
    He is also very happy to roam home (and public if id allow it) in his silky boxers.

Sent from my GT-S5830T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    DS has plenty, but I don't feel like he has too much.

We've bought hardly any clothes this summer - a lot of last summer's stuff still fits him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sure it shouldn't... but it makes me feel better to know I'm not the only one
    Elijah's mum - I thought four pairs of sunglasses was excessive, but that's impressive.

btmac - I think that's what I'd do if I bought clothes new. I can't justify spending significant money on kids' clothes.

I spent DD's nap today culling clothes... now have a big pile to get rid of, although no doubt it'll get ridiculous again with adorable clothes for 20 or 50 cents... damn op shops :P

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Renn For This Useful Post:

btmacxxx  (07-03-2014)

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    OP you'll find the op shopping will dry up after about size 2. Older kids clothes don't last nearly as well because they wear them for so much longer. I can't find anything for DS in op shops anymore so his stuff is pretty minimal. Probably a couple of pairs each of jeans, trousers and 5 or 6 trackies for child care/spares/at home. 6 pairs of shorts. 6-8 eac of long and short sleeved t-shirts, same of jumpers. 4 pairs of pjs.
    DD has quite a bit more but it's almost all hand me downs and gifts. I buy or make her the odd dress here and there
    Last edited by FearlessLeader; 07-03-2014 at 17:09.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DS has reflux. He goes through several sets a day. It peaked at around 3months and I could literally go through his whole wardrobe of clothes in a day. So when family asked what he needed for xmas we said clothes. I would be scared to count but it's necessary to keep up with his vomit.
    I started picking a colour for the day so I only had one load of washing at night.
    I did breifly consider just buying about 50 white wondersuits.

DD has just started school this year and I keep seeing pretty clothes but have to remind myself she doesn't need as many at home clothes anymore. She is a petite little child though and I get up to a year out of most of her clothes.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    No where near enough!
    Last edited by preggasaurus; 07-03-2014 at 21:42.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ds has lots of undies and socks and singlets as he seems to go through these like toilet paper lol. But as for clothes,

3x good shirts
    2x good shorts
    2x jackets
    2x sets of pajamas
    1x tracksuit
    2x skivvys

Plus maybe 3x old/play shirts + 2 old/play shorts.

Seems like nothing compared to some of these lists though! :O. I'll probably buy him some jeans or another jumper for winter though too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a 3yo & a 10.5mo. Couldn't be bothered counting, but they have 1 drawer of clothes each in a tallboy. I try to keep it to a minimum, and donate everything they grow out of or chuck the really grubby stuff.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to decemberbubba For This Useful Post:

fullofhope  (07-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh dear I just did a quick count, I knew there was a lot for DD3 but didn't realise it was this bad...

50+ t-shirts
    30+ long sleeve shirts (not as many because I just cleared a box load out to make way for new purchases)
    20+ jumpers
    40+ long pants
    30+ shorts
    20+ dresses
    20+ PJs
    5+ bathers
    too many shoes to count...

and that's just the start. I have 2 whole drawers of new cloths for winter to pull out when it starts to get cold and am starting to stock up on next summer already. I buy most things on sale a season in advance and on special as well as second hand at the kids markets (am quite picky and will just get the designer stuff here).

Maybe I should just buy a really big laundry hamper and just wash once every 2-3 months
    Last edited by HeyMissA; 07-03-2014 at 18:15.

Thanks
    Reviews
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1394180197.046638.jpg
    This picture is clothes DD2 has outgrown. She is 3 months.