+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default How much clothing do your kids have?

Okay, so I have 2 child thus far - a 17 month old. I knew she had a fair bit of clothing as both my mum & I love op shopping. It's only today that I realised it was getting a bit ridiculous, and decided to count up what she has. Now... this is only what fits her at the moment. There's a LOT more for her to grow into - from clothes that will probably fit her in a month or two, to things which are a size up. This stuff does include childcare clothing, which ups it a bit. Nevertheless, I'm definitely going to cut it down. She has:

Wondersuits - 5
    Bodysuits (of varying sleeve length) - 20

I don't find these too ridiculous, as we use them for pyjamas. Some she's nearly grown out of, and the rest should fit her through winter. However...

Long-sleeved shirts - 18
    T-shirts - 26
    Sleeveless tops - 10
    Singlets - 8
    Shorts - 9
    Skirts - 6
    Leggings - 14
    Tights (with feet) - 3
    Track pants - 4
    Jeans - 3
    Other pants - 11
    Dresses - 14
    Jackets - 6
    Cardigans - 4
    Jumpers - 1
    Bloomers/nappy covers - 5
    Shoes - 8 pairs
    Plus bathers, hats, socks etc.

So tell me... just HOW does this compare to others? Do your kids have rooms stuffed full of clothing, or do you keep it to a minimum? Are you happy with the amount of clothing your kids have, or would you prefer they had more/less?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    like you! Way to many =)
    DD1 is in school so she has less now as doesn't wear heaps during the week, she gets changed into the same clothes after school If they are still clean as she only wears them for a few hours! DD2 has hand me downs and DS1 has heap too but all hand me downs too!
    Shoes! don't get me started on shoes LOL

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Mine have way too many. Than all of sudden they have none. It's a really cycle.

D's1 is the worst. He has grown 20 cm in a year. He has gone from a boy to man in less than 18 mths. Clothes that I brought at Christmas don't fit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine hardly have any! DD grows do quick that nothing lasts more than one season. DS is now in school so uniform 5 days a week. He's outgrown most of his clothes too, I really need to get them some clothes!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    DS is 3 and has a wardrobe bigger than DH and I together! I sort clothes into sections :
    Going out clothes
    Pre school clothes
    Around the house clothes
    Casual clothes
    so he has a ton of shirts-tshirts-polos- jumpers-jackets-vests-shorts-pants-jeans and hoodies in all those categories!

Plus he has 6 different pairs of sunnies, 11 hats , 6 swimming rash shirts/boardies and I've just given away the last lot of his shoes as he has out grown them so now we are down to 13 pairs , he has a box of winter clothes I bought in the Xmas sales in the USA that I haven't opened yet!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Way too many but I cant resist cute clothes.
    DS has a lot and DD has a wardrobe to be envied!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I only went through ds's this morning! Packed away all his small stuff, sorted through the stuff id brought recently.

He is 3 in like a week, day toilet trained. This should do us all winter with maybe more socks, a nice pair of jeans, and a few pjs/onesies.

7 socks
    12 jocks
    10 singlets
    12 jumpers, hoodies etc
    6 t shirts
    4 skivvies
    10 long sleeve t shirts
    2 vests
    12 track pants
    3 shorts
    6 summer pjs
    5 winter pjs
    1 onsie
    1 dressing gown
    2 jackets

Like a pp we have run around/childcare, casual, and going out clothes.

Sent from my GT-S5830T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lots, I'm not even sure I want to count and face the reality lol

I can't believe a previous poster has just 2 pairs of shorts??!! I swear my toddler wears 3-5 pairs of shorts a day, just getting grubby or covered in food/dirt/ water or worse :/

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS has way too much because mum never stops buying him clothes. I'm not even going to count because I just don't want to know.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    So many clothes, I don't want to count. We have been given a lot of hand me down clothes as well as people buying clothes for birthdays/Christmas. The drawers are stuffed full and we have barely bought any clothes during DS1' s 4 years and possibly 2/3 outfits for DS2 who is 1.

Sent from my telecommunications device.