+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Advice Needed

So I had my first appointment yesterday at my hospital, lets call it hospital A, but without going in to a long winded story, I walked away very disturbed and unhappy about my choice.

I am now looking at another hospital (hospital B) that I am also in the catchment of. I'm a little nervous about changing hospitals as even though hospital B isn't looking great I am familiar with it. I am worried I could change over to hospital B and find I don't like it any better!

So I have started doing hospital Bs online booking form with the thought that I would perhaps go along to an initial appointment and see if it all seems better and if so cancel my booking with hospital A.

On the booking in form it says 'are you transferring from another hospital' I'm wanting to say 'no' at this stage because I'm assuming if I say yes they will pull info from hospital A and transfer me and if I don't like hospital B any better I will then have to transfer back iykwim....

Can I just say 'no' to that question so as to have a fresh start?

This may all sound confusing and ridiculous but I had a terrible first birth and followed by 4 miscarriages. I really just need to find the right place to take care of me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Just put no and once you make your decision let the other hospital know.
    I dont see the harm in keeping your options open

3. The Following User Says Thank You to RmumR For This Useful Post:

OneLove  (07-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You need to look after yourself first, so definitely give Hospital B a go, and say 'no' about transferring. It just keeps your options open. Have you thought about hiring a private midwife or doula who can act as your advocate during birth? After a crappy first birth and subsequent mc's, I understand how you're feeling, which is what I've been really fierce about how things will happen in this birth. Good luck xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you ladies!!!

I really appreciate your feedback and support of what I'm feeling. Thought I may have come across a bit loopy lol

I'll submit the form and play along with both hospitals to suss out my best option.

Big surprise - I'm still considering whether or not to have a student midwife or hire a Doula. If I get in to the program I want at Hospital B and all goes well there I will actually get my own midwife who I would see at each visit.