+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    lexim is offline Winner 2013 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Curby View Post
    I never even think about this. My son will put anything into his mouth, including the dogs if they would sit still long enough, so this never even crossed my mind. Even when playgroup babies come over, I'm not fussed if they suck on DS's toys.
    Lol yes mine to. And sand. So gross. I changed his nappy the other day after he's been in the sandpit the day before and it was all gritty.

DH, Me and our two boys.
    #3 due 30th Sept

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Never been bothered about it. Kids can be gross, it build immunity.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes, my nephew is 4 weeks older than DD and he comes over and plays with her toys often. Like PP have said if they get really gross (he is a slobberer and a happy chucker hehe) I give them a wash after. Unless the other child is really ill (in which case they shouldn't be out and about anyway), I wouldn't see a problem.
    Once your bub gets more mobile they will be touching all sorts of gross things anyway, just this week I have caught DD licking the drain in the bathroom, the dogs collar and my hairbrush just to name a few!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MillieMollyMandy For This Useful Post:

Sethysmum  (07-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    There are five babies in my mothers group and they share toys, drink from each other's drink bottles and swap dummies. We just let them go. None have been unusually sick, and my DD (11.5 months) has only ever had one or two minor colds. I'm of the belief that germs are good for babies (to an extent of course)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 8 month old started childcare and is constantly sick, probably from toy sharing. If I had a choice, I would minimize toy sharing. In the case of a hosting a playdate, I would put out lots of toys, so hopefully each baby will have quite a few toys to occupy him/her, and the toy/slobber sharing will be minimized (though obviously not avoided completely!), then I would wash all toys after the playdate. It is no fun watching a child get sick, and not to mention older siblings, etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Not random stranger's babies... but babies lick the floor given the chance. Other baby's germs don't stress me out. If they're not unwell, then I don't think it matters.