+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    lexim is offline Winner 2013 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dansci0 View Post
    I never let dd play with other childrens toys when she was younger and everything went in the mouth. Of course cousins toys etc was ok but would still make sure she didn't put them in her mouth. If any children came over I would let them play with her toys but as soon as they left I would wipe all toys used with disinfectant wipes. In saying that dd doesn't have any children her age around her much so never really went in other childrens mouth as they are older kids. I still disinfect her toys at least once a week to two weeks. But have slacken a little as she's gotten older. My husband reckons I use too much disinfectant stuff.... I say it's never too much
    In your situation maybe leave a numbered amount of toys out to play with mainly toys that are easy to wipe/wash and as soon as they leave do a big wipe down...
    I would be a bit more concerned about the chemicals in the disinfectant going into bubs mouth?
    Our bodies are built to fight germs but not chemicals.

I hope that didn't come across as rude, I didn't intend in that way. I use to use disinfectant on my floors until I realised that it all would be going into bubs mouth.

DH, Me and our two boys.
    #3 due 30th Sept

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to lexim For This Useful Post:

babyla  (07-03-2014),Bennos Mummy  (07-03-2014),BigRedV  (07-03-2014),MiloMel  (13-04-2014),smallpotatoes  (07-03-2014),SoThisIsLove  (07-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I was paranoid about others using my bubbas toys... Until he started daycare. There is no way they can prevent sharing and slobber exchanges in daycare. At that point I had to give up trying to control the situation otherwise I would have gone nuts.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Sethysmum  (07-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lexim View Post
    I would be a bit more concerned about the chemicals in the disinfectant going into bubs mouth?
    Our bodies are built to fight germs but not chemicals.

I hope that didn't come across as rude, I didn't intend in that way. I use to use disinfectant on my floors until I realised that it all would be going into bubs mouth.

DH, Me and our two boys.
    #3 due 30th Sept
    I totally agree so don't worry I didn't take offence to it. I use the wipes that are ok to be used on toys (that's what it says on the container) and as for my floors i use boiling water and white vinegar which is great.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also I only started using wipes in the last month as dd has stopped putting toys in her mouth. (Odd occasion) before that it was the steralizer or boiling water.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I let them share everything unless the other child has been unwell.
    Children need to be exposed to germs to build immunity.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lincolns mummy For This Useful Post:

dancingbutterfly  (07-03-2014),Sethysmum  (07-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'm grossed out by it but we don't have any friends with babies similar ages. So no matter. I wash everything anyway so I'd allow it. Seriously though at the park DS kept putting grass in his mouth! I'm sure that's got more germs then a toy. Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Haven't ever tried to stop it. There have been times when I've found it a bit disgusting, but the same goes for my daughter putting random sticks/grass/half eaten food in her mouth.

If it really bothers you, then as a PP suggested, only keep out the easy-to-clean things

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Renn For This Useful Post:

Sethysmum  (07-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have no problems unless another baby was ill I would wash them afterwards if I was worried.

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

13. The Following User Says Thank You to dancingbutterfly For This Useful Post:

Sethysmum  (07-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I never even think about this. My son will put anything into his mouth, including the dogs if they would sit still long enough, so this never even crossed my mind. Even when playgroup babies come over, I'm not fussed if they suck on DS's toys.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lexim View Post
    I use to use disinfectant on my floors until I realised that it all would be going into bubs mouth.
    I agree. For this reason I now use vinegar to clean toys and floors and 2nd-hand board books I find at the op-shop.