+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've never worried about toy sharing to be honest. I probably pass worse germs to DS when I touch the escalator or shopping trolleys then touch him. If a child is noticeably sick I might avoid sharing then, but not generally. I let him play with the toys at the doctors and at others houses.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Justwant2beamummy For This Useful Post:

Sethysmum  (06-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bond Girl View Post
    I do, as long as they're not visibly dirty and in good condition .

The babies who are coming over need toys to entertain them so I would leave them out. You can always clean them afterwards if you prefer.
    In our group we have always taken our own toys to whose house it was at. I think im going to leave them out tomorrow and see how we go

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    You could just leave out the plastic easy to clean stuff and put away soft toys that get sucked.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to abibelsmum For This Useful Post:

Sethysmum  (07-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Don't be afraid of germs! Babies need immunity . My ds shared what ever , dummies off floor , dirt etc . He's never sick .

7. The Following User Says Thank You to happygirl1982 For This Useful Post:

Sethysmum  (07-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Considering some of DD's favourite solids include sand at the beach and wood chips in the playground, I figure sharing a few toys isn't so bad. So yeah, I don't tend to worry too much. I draw the line at her trying to eat previously slobbered on food cause it grosses me out but toys can be washed.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tildy For This Useful Post:

Sethysmum  (07-03-2014),smallpotatoes  (07-03-2014),snowqu33n  (07-03-2014),SoThisIsLove  (07-03-2014),Whirligig  (13-04-2014)

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If they can lick the floor, and they can shove the cats/dogs tail in their mouth, I can't see any reason not to let them have a bit of shared baby drool from toys.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

Bennos Mummy  (07-03-2014),Sethysmum  (07-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I leave toys out. Bit of slobber won't kill my two.

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

Sethysmum  (07-03-2014)

lexim is offline Winner 2013 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I've never even thought about not leaving them out?

My Playgroup mums and I have been doing pg at each others house since we finished mothers group with our first babies (4yrs ago)
    We've always let the kids/babies play with the toys. If a baby/kid is sick then we don't come to pg.

Germs are not the enemy. Kids need to be exposed to a range of bugs so they can make antibodies. Unless there's an obvious sick bub, share away.

DH, Me and our two boys.
    #3 due 30th Sept

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lexim For This Useful Post:

Sethysmum  (07-03-2014),smallpotatoes  (07-03-2014),SoThisIsLove  (07-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I never let dd play with other childrens toys when she was younger and everything went in the mouth. Of course cousins toys etc was ok but would still make sure she didn't put them in her mouth. If any children came over I would let them play with her toys but as soon as they left I would wipe all toys used with disinfectant wipes. In saying that dd doesn't have any children her age around her much so never really went in other childrens mouth as they are older kids. I still disinfect her toys at least once a week to two weeks. But have slacken a little as she's gotten older. My husband reckons I use too much disinfectant stuff.... I say it's never too much
    In your situation maybe leave a numbered amount of toys out to play with mainly toys that are easy to wipe/wash and as soon as they leave do a big wipe down...

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Dansci0 For This Useful Post:

Sethysmum  (07-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by abibelsmum View Post
    You could just leave out the plastic easy to clean stuff and put away soft toys that get sucked.
    Just what I was thinking