+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh god my son who's 4.5 started having them at 3. Scariest thing to see a small child go through nothing worse than waking in the middle of the night to your child screaming, you come into the room, he's got the look of pure fear in his eyes, pointing at nothing shaking and trembling, looking wide awake but is still asleep. My son doesn't remember having them though when we ask about it thankfully.

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Stressame Street
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Dd6 gets them to. She used to get nightmares which were triggered by food. They cleared up when we changed her diet. Now when she gets over tired she wakes up and cries and cries because everything is moving. The room gets big and she gets tiny, or my head shrinks etc etc. I have got a few tea lights and a glass holder. While I don't like having a flame in the room I find having that tiny flickering light to focus on calms her down. It's contained in the metal of the tea light then the glass holder then raised up on a glass coaster. I jump in and cuddle her until she is asleep then I blow out the candle.

But definitely brought on by over tiredness. Any late night is followed by a quiet day and early to bed otherwise we're in trouble!