+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Do you ever get lonely?

My partner and son are all I have because my best friend was extremely hypocritical and ditched me when my son was born. I kept asking her to come round etc but just never showed. I ended up giving up and stopped asking. Now all I have to speak to is my partner and the casual chats on social networking. I just wish someone else was interested in what I've been doing.. when I speak to people I feel like im forcing the conversation on them. Its disheartening.

mother to a beautiful baby boy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yup I sure.do. I used to have a great social life with my kids and other mums, but I moved a bit further away and now unless I do.the visiting, I don't see my old friends. I'm very lonely. So I.got proactive and recently advertised my Parents Playgroup idea on my local page on fb. And now I have some playmates lined up. Either it will work and I'll meet some people who I.click with, or not. At least I tried.

Sent from my C6603 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gamermummy View Post
    My partner and son are all I have because my best friend was extremely hypocritical and ditched me when my son was born. I kept asking her to come round etc but just never showed. I ended up giving up and stopped asking. Now all I have to speak to is my partner and the casual chats on social networking. I just wish someone else was interested in what I've been doing.. when I speak to people I feel like im forcing the conversation on them. Its disheartening.

mother to a beautiful baby boy
    it's hard when feel lonely. Maybe it's time to reach out and try and connect. Try a mothers group or see if there is any bubhub groups nearby or start your own.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know that feeling well. I've never been good at making *a lot* of friends, but I've always had good friends. However as we've grown up they've moved away, and had families, and I'm still single.

Taking up roller derby last year has made a massive difference to my life, it gets me out of the house, i get exercise, i have fun, and i've made some very good friends and have more invitations to go out than I ever have in my life. One of the best things about it is it gives me confidence and purpose - it's the first thing I've ever done in my life that's been 100% for me.

I'm not suggesting roller derby is for everyone, but some sort of hobby might help you some.

Jules x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    I feel exactly the same way. I have joined a mums group and been to meet ups and still not made one friend. It just feels like no one cares or wants to get to know me better.

Me + Him = Perfection born
    05/11/13

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yep. Dp works away too so it's literally just me and the kids for a week. Playgroup is the highlight of my week, and it only goes for two hours

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm 23 and when I had my son, I just turned 20. I thought I had all the friends in the world but I soon realised I didn't. They were all young and going on with their lives. They stopped inviting me out and stuff so I completely feel the loneliness.
    I've only got my DH and DS and DH works quite a bit. Whenever I try to talk to him about feeling lonely, he just doesn't get it. He feels like he's giving me what he needs but when he is at home, he's not there. He'll be on facebook or playing computer games.
    We just moved away so I'm quite far from my family. And it's not all that easy making friends in a new town. Don't even know where to start looking for friends.
    But I'm trying. Swimming lessons for DS and stuff.

In other words, I know how you feel. No one ever asks how I am. It's always me asking them and talking about what they're doing. It sucks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah. I don't see my friends much anymore. They say they'll come round but then they don't make it for whatever reason I'm in a mothers group and everyone is very chatty but I don't feel like I've clicked with anyone. I'm still going but I'm not sure I fit in very well Everyone else seems happy so it must just be me. I'm not generally a very social person but I never felt lonely until I was on maternity leave.... Felt much better since I started working part time again though. It's been great talking to work mates again. But I wish I had some local mum friends.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Where city are you in gamermummy? My friends haven't ditched me as such but they seem to think I can just drop everything and be ready to come over or go out to lucnh/dinner that same day. Meanwhile I have to wrangle my 9 month old, make sure she's fed, had a nap, bathed, bag is all packed etc before I can go anywhere. Childless friends just don't understand. They always want to go to dinner right at my daughter's bedtime, play loud music if we come over on a friday night. Ughh so hectic and annoying. I totally feel you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Suprisedmummy View Post
    I feel exactly the same way. I have joined a mums group and been to meet ups and still not made one friend. It just feels like no one cares or wants to get to know me better.

I live in WA too if you ever want to chat