+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Any hairdressers out there?

I have light brown/dark blonde hair that put blonde foils (1/2 head) thru. I use 2 diff blondes, like a caramel & then a lighter more bleachy colour, it's all very subtle and natural looking. I go to a hairdresser to get it done..

I've just noticed I'm getting grey hair.. It's only just started along my crown..

My Question is, will I still have the same results with my colour or are my days of blonde highlights numbered?

I'm a bit devo. I do love my hair, it's the nicest bit of my otherwise average existence.. Lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by misho View Post
    I have light brown/dark blonde hair that put blonde foils (1/2 head) thru. I use 2 diff blondes, like a caramel & then a lighter more bleachy colour, it's all very subtle and natural looking. I go to a hairdresser to get it done..

I've just noticed I'm getting grey hair.. It's only just started along my crown..

My Question is, will I still have the same results with my colour or are my days of blonde highlights numbered?

I'm a bit devo. I do love my hair, it's the nicest bit of my otherwise average existence.. Lol.
    Hi Misho, I'm having the exact same issue with my hair, dark blonde, been having lighter foils forever. But I've got some greys coming through and it was looking yuk ( it's also thinning, not sure why, maybe it's my pcos?)
    Anyway a few days ago I bit the bullet and did a packet permanent brown colour all over colour. It's a bit of a change but at least all the greys are gone. Today I went to the hairdresser and got some lighter foils in to break up the colour. It turned out quite good.
    I guess maybe you could do similar, do a whole head base colour to cover grey maybe a light brown, then still have your blonde foils over the top?
    The blonde foils still seemed to work just as good even though it was over the top of greys that had been coloured.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bel2466 View Post
    Hi Misho, I'm having the exact same issue with my hair, dark blonde, been having lighter foils forever. But I've got some greys coming through and it was looking yuk ( it's also thinning, not sure why, maybe it's my pcos?)
    Anyway a few days ago I bit the bullet and did a packet permanent brown colour all over colour. It's a bit of a change but at least all the greys are gone. Today I went to the hairdresser and got some lighter foils in to break up the colour. It turned out quite good.
    I guess maybe you could do similar, do a whole head base colour to cover grey maybe a light brown, then still have your blonde foils over the top?
    The blonde foils still seemed to work just as good even though it was over the top of greys that had been coloured.
    Thanks Bel, that's an idea.

Having had ds3 only a few weeks back i haven't had time to go to the salon. It will be another few weeks b4 I can go so it bothers me even more coz ive got such bad regrowth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    As a Colour technician and educator I wouldn't do the brown all over as your just covering your already nice Colour. What I would advise my client is to have a tint inbetween the foils. You don't need to have a half head of foils everytime. You can alternate one time tint and half head next time tint then a quarter head or just part line.
    If you cover it all over then get foils over the top you can be probe to damage as your darkening then lightening. The bleach has to eat through the new Colour all over again. Hope that helps..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Dansci0 View Post
    As a Colour technician and educator I wouldn't do the brown all over as your just covering your already nice Colour. What I would advise my client is to have a tint inbetween the foils. You don't need to have a half head of foils everytime. You can alternate one time tint and half head next time tint then a quarter head or just part line.
    If you cover it all over then get foils over the top you can be probe to damage as your darkening then lightening. The bleach has to eat through the new Colour all over again. Hope that helps..
    Agree with everything here

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Dansci0 View Post
    So the tint will colour the greys then?

Ok cool.. I think that's sorta what I have then. Coz I do alternate with a 1/4 head then 1/2 head... And it's more of a tint then peroxide anyway.

Ok cools, phew..

I was a bit worried coz if ibhad to revert back to mouser brown it washes my complexion out totally.

Thanks, this is the sort of answer I was looking for.

Cheers

Edit, what's part line?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VanityFey View Post
    Agree with everything here

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Super.

Thanks for answering.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by misho View Post
    So the tint will colour the greys then?

Ok cool.. I think that's sorta what I have then. Coz I do alternate with a 1/4 head then 1/2 head... And it's more of a tint then peroxide anyway.

Ok cools, phew..

I was a bit worried coz if ibhad to revert back to mouser brown it washes my complexion out totally.

Thanks, this is the sort of answer I was looking for.

Cheers

Edit, what's part line?
    Part line foils are placed only along the part line or through the top section of your hair. Eg if you part on the left side I usually would place the foils (aprox 6-8 foils) more towards the left side so when you part the hair separates and opens up and you see all the foils right on the roots. If you lift up that section you would still see regrowth but only regrowth of the tint because that would be put on the roots all over. It's a bit hard to explain but I hope I'm making sense. It's a bit of time and money saver that some hairdressers won't mention but is better for your hair too. In saying that you would still need half head done every second/third Colour or else the regrowth underneath will be very long. This will only work when you have the tint applied on the roots only to cover the grey...

Thanks
    Reviews
    And yes the tint will cover the greys