+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Same here. My mortgage has the flexibility to reduce payments for 6 months after you have a kid so I am going to have to take advantage of that.
    That's a good mortgage plan. I guess we could go interest only, but we are in a good position and it would suck to have to regress because Centrelink are so slow.
    Obviously we do have options but they are not very appealing. Guess I'll cross my fingers and hope for the best.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    For anyone who cares, I just rang centerlink and asked about what the waiting time is after putting in proof of birth and he said the 1st payment usually goes in in the next pay that matches with employer.
    I questioned this and said I have heard that it can take 7-12 weeks after providing proof even when the person has put in registration claim 3 months before due date, and he said he hasn't heard of that happening???
    Who knows
    Last edited by Kazza78; 06-03-2014 at 11:50.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Kazza78 For This Useful Post:

JustUsTwo  (06-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazza78 View Post
    For anyone who cares, I just rang centerlink and asked about what the waiting time is after putting in proof of birth and he said the 1st payment usually goes in in the next pay that matches with employer.
    I questioned this and said I have heard that it can take 7-12 weeks after providing proof even when the person has put in registration claim 3 months before due date, and he said he hasn't heard of that happening???
    Who knows
    Weird... The centrelink office chick made a point of pointing out the 14 week delay to me..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is it possible to speak with someone different? That's such a long time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Weird... The centrelink office chick made a point of pointing out the 14 week delay to me..
    Not weird for centrelink, you could call 20 times and speak to 20 different people and get 20 different answers, never believe anything they say. It's all just personal opinion, never based on any fact.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to DaenerysT For This Useful Post:

headoverfeet  (07-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am still waiting on my PPL & my baby was born January 9th!

I printed out the form online in early December and mailed it off because I didn't know my crn & couldn't get to a service centre.

I sent proof of birth of on the 11th January and still have not seen a payment. My HR girls call me each week & they haven't heard or seen a thing from centrelink about me.

I managed to download the app & it says I am currently receiving paid parental leave. My employers pay cycle is fortnightly & means I won't get paid for another two weeks at least!

3 other colleagues are on PPL as well and they all took between 8-13weeks to process & get payment!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mmm. I wonder what would happen if I rang again and speak to another person. He did tell me tho that if people are getting delayed payments it's because of other reasons?? Like other payments that they already get form centrelink?? More complicated cases. I might ring again just as an experiment and if they say yes there is a backlog, I will say then why is another of your colleagues saying something different
    Last edited by Kazza78; 07-03-2014 at 07:12.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazza78 View Post
    Mmm. I wonder what would happen if I rang again and speak to another person. He did tell me tho that if people are getting delayed payments it's because of other reasons?? Like other payments that they already get form centrelink?? More complicated cases. I might ring again just as an experiment and if they say yes there is a backlog, I will say then why is another of your colleagues saying something different
    Let us know how you go... It definitley wasn't just special cases that have a backlog (according to the lady at my local centrelink office). I don't get any other centrelink payments and she made it clear that I shouldn't expect money right away due to the 14 week backlog.

Murphy's law though: now I've asked the bank to cut the mortgage payments, the ppl will probably come through...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Go into a Medicare branch and press the families button . Very helpful

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If you ring up they can put you on 'financial hardship' if you have no other means of income. I was put on it, still took 4 or 5 weeks.

mother to a beautiful baby boy