+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Student midwife looking to support women in south-east melbourne!

Hello! My name is Amy and I am a third year nursing and midwifery student studying at Monash University Peninsula.

As part of my course at Monash, student midwives are required to follow 20 lovely women through their pregnancy, birth and postnatal experience in what is known as a Continuity of Care experience, in order to develop a partnership, learn from your experiences and gain a better understanding of all different yet each special pregnancy journeys. Through this partnership, we aim to provide extra support and better understand each woman's special and unique journey through pregnancy and childbirth, as well as gain insight into the professional relationship that is formed between each woman and her midwife.

As a student midwife I can support you through your pregnancy by being there for you at appointments, listening to any concerns or questions you may have and discussing or answering them for you and help think of important questions for your midwife or doctor. I hope to accompany you to as many of your antenatal and postnatal appointments as you feel comfortable with, this includes, booking in appointments, antenatal appointments and classes, and postnatal visits/baby checks. It is encouraged however is not compulsory for me to be present at the birth, but I would be thrilled to support you and be a part of your birth experience.

This service is completely free. The benefit for me is that I get to be a part of your pregnancy journey and learn all I can from the experience. I am supported through my university by my teachers and lecturers who are all midwives. All information gained from each woman is completely confidential and you are also welcome to withdraw from the program at any stage if you choose to do so.

If you, or someone you know are pregnant and would be interested in the continuity of care experience and think you would benefit from some extra support please let me know. I am more than happy to answer any questions you have in regards to the continuity of care experience and give you more information.

Congratulations on your pregnancy! Hope to hear from you soon.

Amy
    ajvis2@student.monash.edu
    Last edited by Amy92; 14-03-2014 at 10:13.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Still looking for some lovely pregnant mums to be! Would love to follow your pregnancy!