+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    She refuses to let us feed her.

So im trying to introduce cutlery which is semi okay until she throws it!

Sent from my GT-I9195T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Don't feed her if she's not interested. I wouldn't make a huge deal over it all. Put a few pieces of cooled/cold overcooked pasta like penne on her plate/tray. Ds loved this while cutting 6 teeth at once. He also liked rusks dipped in tahini once a tooth was through.
    cold foods. A cold face washer to chew on. Panadol.
    Last edited by Little Miss Muffet; 05-03-2014 at 13:29.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    What foods does she eat? The beauty of BLW is she will eat if she is hungry and yes some babies just don't eat a lot!
    My DS was the opposite and preferred hard foods when teething ( apparently the hard biting helps the tooth break through the gum) so whole apples, rice cakes, cucumber sticks, cruskits

Like pp said for dinners just give her what you have but for some nutrient packed breakfasts/ lunches try:

Egg pancake with tomato/ mushrooms/herbs
    Boiled eggs
    Fruit salad pieces with yogurt
    Banana pancakes
    Rice cakes with avocado and cottage cheese or almond butter
    Homemade chicken and veggie nuggets
    Fish cakes
    Mini meat balls
    Mini falafel
    Mini pizza ( spinach/ tomato/feta )
    Toasted sandwiches ( I always add baby spinach to any toastie for a vitamin hit )
    Pesto pasta

Add chia seeds to everything, try smoothies with fruit and add a handful of baby spinach , or even make your own yogurt and fruit ice blocks which will be nice and cool on her mouth

Variety of food is the key at this age, keep mixing it up and trying new foods so she won't get used to the same things and become fussy - this also gives her a varied diet which is great for her nutrition
    Last edited by Elijahs Mum; 05-03-2014 at 13:53.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Can a smoothie replace on bottle (im trying to drop one)

Sent from my GT-I9195T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    At 11 months yes - how many bottles is she having now? If she's not eating a lot her formula is still more important but you want to start dropping a few as you need her to eat more

I used to put a probiotic, Greek yogurt, almond milk, blueberries ( or banana or strawberries) and handful of baby spinach in an afternoon smoothie for DS at that age