+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Godparent gifts

DD's baptism is in a couple of weeks and I'm at a loss as to what to get her godparents. A very good friend is to be her godmother and DH's brother will be godfather.

We recently got some professional family photos done and I was going to give the godmother a nice framed one of DD. Is that an appropriate gift?

Have no idea about what to get my BIL.

Any comments/suggestions?

babycake is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Funniest Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am godmother to 7 children and being chosen as a godparent is gift enough. I have never heard of giving gifts to the godparents.
    How about some fingerprint cufflinks? Would he not appreciate a photo also?

Sent from my LG-P705 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got my bubs god mother who is my sister a silver Tiffany bracelet. Lucky I only have one god parent I wouldn't know what to get a male. Maybe something that can be kept with sentimental value such as a watch or similar

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm godmother to 2 of my nephews & never received a gift. I didn't know it was a done thing. I think a framed picture is a nice gift.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies. Well if gifts aren't expected, they won't think I'm a cheapskate for giving a framed photo My DH raised his eyebrows when I suggested the photo for BIL -eg why would he want a photo of someone else's kid (even though it's his niece and goddaughter - DH has no sentimentality whatsoever!)

Clucky, your gift sounds wonderful but a bit out of my budget what with the cost of putting the day together!

I'll just give the same present to each. DS's godparents were a bit more straightforward because they are a couple so just got a joint gift.