+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Unhappy need behavioural tactics for toddler

Angel. Thats what my toddler was until she turned 2. Gradually we have seen her behaviour become worse and worse. She is now 2 1/2 and some days I feel like pulling my hair out.

I taught this age group at child care for many years but all my tactics don't seem to work for her.

She can be so so beauitful (especially when we are out a d about she is at her best) but at home she gets so angry sometimes. Yells at me, hits me, pinches me, throws all her toys on the ground, will break things on purpose.

I have tried reward charts, time out, being firm with her, but it just makes her more upset and more angry.

She only gets to watch tv for an hour or so once a week , she goes to daycare 2 days a week and we go to the beach and park etc to keep stimulated.

What tactics worked for your child? And please tell me they grow out of this!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im sorry I dont have any tactic solutions but with our dd who turned 2 in january, it was temper tantrum mayhem for weeks, she suddenly became angry, cranky and sooky with many a tanty every day. I took her off dairy and her behaviour has almost done a 180!! Im not saying dairy is a trigger for yours but if you ha ent tried already I would definitely look at her diet.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

3. The Following User Says Thank You to my2monkeys For This Useful Post:

LlamaMa  (04-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DS1 was quite similar. We tried all the tactics too, but he would seemingly get bored with our reactions, and start those behaviours again.The best thing for us was to ignore the bad behaviour and reward the good. Easier said than done, but it does get easier.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to LlamaMa For This Useful Post:

nicolier  (04-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by my2monkeys View Post
    Im sorry I dont have any tactic solutions but with our dd who turned 2 in january, it was temper tantrum mayhem for weeks, she suddenly became angry, cranky and sooky with many a tanty every day. I took her off dairy and her behaviour has almost done a 180!! Im not saying dairy is a trigger for yours but if you ha ent tried already I would definitely look at her diet.

Im willing to try anything!! She doesnt have any artifical additives or preservatives but I might try dairy as well

Thanks
    Reviews
    It was also suggested to me to try her off wheat, but I haven't felt the need to go that far at this point!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by my2monkeys View Post

Diet was a big one for us too! Not that we ate a lot of junk, but there were even some fruits and veg that would set him off!