+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by malis View Post
    Eeeeeek!! I am hoping the universe isn't April fooling me. The faintest of faint squinter of a line this morn at 10dpo. Everything crossed it gets darker by tomorrow (or let's face it - this afternoon, who am I kidding waiting until tomorrow before I poas again). Hoping if it is a lone this bubba stick - had a chemical preg in December so got that in my mind again. Hurrah to a (hopefully) good start to April. C'mon baby dust!!!
    Whee! FX it gets darker x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolamc View Post
    My opk today was identical to yesterday. Now not sure if I missed surge on Sunday or it is still to come. I think DH will die if I make him bd tonight then get pos tomorrow and make him do daily from them. Five days in a row is a lot!
    It's confusing. Some say you surge 24-36 hours from your first positive OPK and others say it's from when it first goes negative.

I follow the instructions on my OPKs, that say O happens after the first time it goes positive.

My previous FS and nurses at that clinic also said you should DTD every two days only, for better quality swimmers, so I don't subscribe to the every day theory.

Just do what feels right to you, hun. At the end of the day, if you're going to be stressed about not having DTD often enough, then it's not worth it. Do what you feel is necessary. *hugs*

Me = 34, DH = 34
    TTC #1 for 2 years. OI: Sept '13: BFP (chem), Oct '13: BFN, Dec '13: BFN

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My FS has told me you will surge within 24-36hrs of a positive opk.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Feeling hopeful this cycle, It seems I haven't been obsessing over everything this time round trying to keep it that way as it makes the time go quicker lol... still using my monitor and charting but thats all im doing

Currently on CD9 and feeling relaxed, here's to hoping there are lots of BFP's on their ways ladies xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by headoverfeet View Post
    What about those of us who have like 5 days of +opks? I reckon I surge within 24-36 of a neg opk. Maybe my body is stoopid haha.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsTugs View Post
    What about those of us who have like 5 days of +opks? I reckon I surge within 24-36 of a neg opk. Maybe my body is stoopid haha.
    Yep even people with long surges. It's the rise (surge) in the LH (to ~25) that makes you ovulate.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Don't you mean ovulate. If an opk is positive that mean you have detected the surge then you will ovulate 24-36 hours after that.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffanyandco View Post
    Don't you mean ovulate. If an opk is positive that mean you have detected the surge then you will ovulate 24-36 hours after that.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Sorry yes this!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrillian View Post
    The Corpus Luteum is the by product of the follicle that releases the egg. It then produces progesterone until it receives HCG confirmation from implantation. If it receives HCG confirmation, it keeps producing progesterone until the placenta takes over. If no HCG, it breaks down and you then get your period. General sign of CL breakdown is a watery discharge.

Me = 34, DH = 34
    TTC #1 for 2 years. OI: Sept '13: BFP (chem), Oct '13: BFN, Dec '13: BFN
    Every month your body makes a mucus plug to protect the entrance to the cervix, it comes away just before AF it was probably that
    So @headoverfeet and @Shrillian - you have both been given honorary medical degrees, right??!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Legeyt View Post
    So @headoverfeet and @Shrillian - you have both been given honorary medical degrees, right??!
    Haha no, not at all!