Page 24 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck!! @Sally girl

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sally girl View Post
    TTC #1 since August 2013. I feel like this is the first month I have a chance. Last 8 months I have discovered I had pcos and never got AF therefore no ovulation. Felt very hopeless, hopefully clomid helps me ovulate this month and have a chance of conception. Baby steps
    That's good that you've got answers! I have irregular cycles (AF every 2-3 months). FS said I was lucky to be ovulating the month I got AF as well (I display signs of PCOS, but don't actually have it... Baffling!!).

He put me on Letrozole instead of Clomid though for my Ovulation Induction cycles. My signature shows my progress through the three cycles I did. I'm going back to see him in April after having had a break and doing acupuncture instead for 6 weeks. Was kind of freaked out about the "next steps" he said we'd look at if my December OI failed, but ready to get back to trying with him again.

Wishing you luck for your first clomid cycle!!

Me = 34, DH = 34
    TTC #1 for 2 years. OI: Sept '13: BFP (chem), Oct '13: BFN, Dec '13: BFN

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Shrillian For This Useful Post:

Bellefirexxx  (26-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Good luck @Sally girl x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jussi View Post
    is this your first month using the saliva test? I took a while to get the hang of it, and I found it was all in the technique of how you put the saliva onto the lens, as putting it on wrong can contaminate the sample or cause the ferning not to occur properly.

basically, you have to use saliva from first thing in the morning before you eat or drink anything (or at least wait a couple hours after eating or drinking), get the saliva from under your tongue with the tip of your finger, and don't let your finger touch the lens when you put it on. I usually leave my finger just above the lens and let the saliva drip off on its own. Also, if the sample you take has bubbles when you take your finger out of your mouth, the bubbles will affect being able to see the ferning. It has to be a clear sample of saliva, and when you first put it onto the lens, it should look clear and smooth. If it doesn't look like that when you put it on, wipe it off and try again. Eventually it will become easier and you will get more accurate results.

sorry for the essay - hope it helps though...
    Thanks Jussi. This is my first month using it although I did use it with my last pg ended up forgetting about it and fell pg by accident. We stopped TTC for 6 months and said we would start trying a few months later but too late 👶.
    The test now has gone from the 'transitional phase' to not fertile back to the transitional phase. I had a migraine all last week and bad stomach and lower back pain so I'm thinking O was Monday or Tuesday of last week which would make me CD18 and approx 10DPO. I woke up trying not to be sick this morning so I just don't know ahhhh!!!!
    I'm so scared I'm going to have issues falling pg my DS2 was a c-sect and when he was pulled out instead of being 37weeks he was approx 41/42 very over cooked. So many issues post delivery, 2 AF's a month for nearly a year and I was on the pill so he really messed things up a bit.
    I guess time will tell! X

Thanks
    Reviews
    it's normal to get transitional near the beginning of your period as oestrogen surges a little (but not as much as when you o) around the time you expect your period. it won't develop into full ferning at this stage though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jussi View Post
    it's normal to get transitional near the beginning of your period as oestrogen surges a little (but not as much as when you o) around the time you expect your period. it won't develop into full ferning at this stage though
    Okay that makes sense. I'm assuming AF will arrive soon as on the pill I have anywhere between 24-28 day cycle, generally early than on time. When should I test? Wait the whole 28 days or earlier?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

Sorry I've been a gone for a bit, Finally have had our room-mates move out into a house!

Hubby and I have been cleaning our house top to bottom and getting it back where it should be before they moved in.

Feeling a lot less stressed and more relaxed since they have been gone and I'm only on cycle day 5. Feeling good about this cycle but not going to put all my eggs in one basket, have hardly been temping too just using my monitor to rely on this month, trying to only temp till i notice I O then just going to put it away.

Hows everyone else going in their cycle???

FX we get lots of BFP's this cycle ladies !!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tammy25 View Post
    Okay that makes sense. I'm assuming AF will arrive soon as on the pill I have anywhere between 24-28 day cycle, generally early than on time. When should I test? Wait the whole 28 days or earlier?
    depends what you want to do, but the only time I have tested early and actually been pregnant, I had a chemical pregnancy, so I'm a bit wary of testing early. With my DD i tested the day AF was due, and got my bfp straight away. i probably would have gotten a result a few days earlier given the darkness of the second line. With my chemical pregnancy, i had feint bfp at 9dpo and for a few days before it turned negative. What clued me in though was that it didn't get any darker from one day to the next.

Thanks
    Reviews
    having said that though, i might be wary, but am addicted so I do it anyway... unless DH catches me wasting hpts and stops me haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think it's always best to wait til the day AF is due definitely