+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello lovely April ladies, I hope it is ok to join? My current cycle has been much longer the usual so probably won't get to test in March. I will start testing on the 2 April. I will then be 11 DPO and it is DP birthday, so hoping for a nice birthday present!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaL View Post
    Hello lovely April ladies, I hope it is ok to join? My current cycle has been much longer the usual so probably won't get to test in March. I will start testing on the 2 April. I will then be 11 DPO and it is DP birthday, so hoping for a nice birthday present!
    Sorry will be 12 DPO on the 2 April, haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by jussi View Post
    is this your first month using the saliva test? I took a while to get the hang of it, and I found it was all in the technique of how you put the saliva onto the lens, as putting it on wrong can contaminate the sample or cause the ferning not to occur properly.

basically, you have to use saliva from first thing in the morning before you eat or drink anything (or at least wait a couple hours after eating or drinking), get the saliva from under your tongue with the tip of your finger, and don't let your finger touch the lens when you put it on. I usually leave my finger just above the lens and let the saliva drip off on its own. Also, if the sample you take has bubbles when you take your finger out of your mouth, the bubbles will affect being able to see the ferning. It has to be a clear sample of saliva, and when you first put it onto the lens, it should look clear and smooth. If it doesn't look like that when you put it on, wipe it off and try again. Eventually it will become easier and you will get more accurate results.

sorry for the essay - hope it helps though...
    I tried this this morning with mine... I'm not sure how to get enough saliva to drip off my finger onto the lens though. But then I think I have a dry mouth in the mornings as I'm a mouth breather. I managed to quickly dab the lens to make contact then the saliva just followed. I didn't see ferning last month at all so hopefully this technique will help... Thanks! I'm hoping it does work given the acu thinks I may have endometriosis on my ovaries which is slowing the release of oestrogen. Hopefully this will prove otherwise!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonlyem View Post
    I tried this this morning with mine... I'm not sure how to get enough saliva to drip off my finger onto the lens though. But then I think I have a dry mouth in the mornings as I'm a mouth breather. I managed to quickly dab the lens to make contact then the saliva just followed. I didn't see ferning last month at all so hopefully this technique will help... Thanks! I'm hoping it does work given the acu thinks I may have endometriosis on my ovaries which is slowing the release of oestrogen. Hopefully this will prove otherwise!
    Hi I actually do have endometriosis and a history of fibroids, and I get a clear ferning pattern every month. nothing at all right before O, then a day or two of partial ferning, then a day of full ferning, then takes a couple days to disappear again. I get partial ferning at the start of af as well, but only lasts a couple days and is gone before af is over. FWIW the first month i tested saliva, the results were all over the place as I think my technique of putting it on the lens was all wrong and affecting whether it ferned or not.

basically the way it works is that the oestrogen causes your saliva to contain certain salts. It is these salts that produce the ferning pattern as they dry. if you have accidentally interfered with the salts as they have been put on the lens, it can affect how they produce this pattern as they dry. Hope that helps

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrillian View Post
    @MrsTugs - actually starting IVF or pre-appointment with an FS?

Me = 34, DH = 34
    TTC #1 for 2 years. OI: Sept '13: BFP (chem), Oct '13: BFN, Dec '13: BFN
    Very first appt :-)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsTugs For This Useful Post:

Bellefirexxx  (25-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @MrsTugs I hope it all happens for you soon. FWIW I booked my first appointment for ivf back before i fell pregnant with dd. They told me to wait for af and then come in to have bloods done. Anyway, AF never arrived and i ended up going in for beta instead! I hope yours winds up being a similar story...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don't hold much hope for that unfortunately. We were trying to avoid this month anyway as we have a holiday booked in for Xmas overseas. We are not in any immediate rush now that we know things are going to be a bit more costly....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cd2 for me and day1 of SMEP. Let the games begin😉

Actually feeling really relaxed about this month now that the AF depression has lifted. If it doesn't work out at least it won't mean a Christmas baby and I have a 6 day trip to Sunshine Coast planned for the day AF is due so I can either celebrate or relax with a few glasses of wine.

When I got pg with DD I had given up after a year of trying and was waiting for appointment with FS and got pregnant on Christmas break so hoping relaxation will be a good thing!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lolamc For This Useful Post:

Bellefirexxx  (25-03-2014),cuky  (26-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsTugs View Post
    Very first appt :-)
    I've found myself being quite eager for mine. Slightly kicking myself for not keeping it to be yesterday and wondering if I should bring it forward a week!! I'm thinking if AF turns up this weekend, I might call the clinic to see if I can get an earlier appointment.

(Eager, much? Ironic as well, since I'd been avoiding going back since December!)

Me = 34, DH = 34
    TTC #1 for 2 years. OI: Sept '13: BFP (chem), Oct '13: BFN, Dec '13: BFN

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha I'm eager to get started just so I know what our timeline is likely to be. It will be very hurry up and wait for us - push to get the apt ASAP then do nothing while we save lol.... :-/