+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    ^ oh and I try to limit fluids and try to make it have been a decent amount of time since I last peed to try to get a good / proper reading. good luck!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by French Pear View Post
    What time(s) of day do you do them? (I try for around 2pm and around 8pm)

Do you make sure you have drunk a lot of fluids or limited fluid intake beforehand? (I thought limit fluid intake so as to not make the urine too diluted or am I am bit wrong here?!)

Do you always have a faint second line all the time or am I just a weirdo who gets this?
    1.) I do mine once a day with FMU (easiest and most accurate for my lifestyle and body). When they start to get darker, I do twice a day. Times are around 8am and 8pm.

2.) Morning = FMU. Evening = bladder emptied around 2 hours prior to test.

3.) Yes. I always have a faint line throughout the month.

Me = 34, DH = 34
    TTC #1 for 2 years. OI: Sept '13: BFP (chem), Oct '13: BFN, Dec '13: BFN

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Shrillian For This Useful Post:

French Pear  (26-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Legeyt View Post
    I just re-read my reply at 215 & my apologies for the gibberish nature of it. Probably a little more upset than I'm willing to admit to myself & it's effecting my otherwise usually polished post replying 😝
    Not gibberish at all. It must be awful to have all your hopes on something and think you're on the same page and have him change his mind. You guys will work it out though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tammy25 View Post
    Morning Ladies,
    Did everyone have a lovely weekend? So I have a question, I am currently CD15 and have been trying to track O using the maybe baby ovulation tester I'm thinking that it's fairly useless as no ferning has shown but I'm pretty sure I ovulated sometime last week it was showing lines and pebbles but no ferns. This is my first cycle off of the pill I've never had problems coming off the pill with my last pregnancies but the last week I've had terrible cramps, spasms and very achy so not sure if this has to with coming off the pill? Anyone else had symptoms like this? I would be extremely luck to get a BFP first cycle so I don't want to be too hopeful. Advice would be great x
    is this your first month using the saliva test? I took a while to get the hang of it, and I found it was all in the technique of how you put the saliva onto the lens, as putting it on wrong can contaminate the sample or cause the ferning not to occur properly.

basically, you have to use saliva from first thing in the morning before you eat or drink anything (or at least wait a couple hours after eating or drinking), get the saliva from under your tongue with the tip of your finger, and don't let your finger touch the lens when you put it on. I usually leave my finger just above the lens and let the saliva drip off on its own. Also, if the sample you take has bubbles when you take your finger out of your mouth, the bubbles will affect being able to see the ferning. It has to be a clear sample of saliva, and when you first put it onto the lens, it should look clear and smooth. If it doesn't look like that when you put it on, wipe it off and try again. Eventually it will become easier and you will get more accurate results.

sorry for the essay - hope it helps though...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jussi For This Useful Post:

M'LadyEm  (25-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    April will be our month... Going to try and relax this cycle and not work myself up.... Will still be charting cause I'm just that OCD kinda person hahaha... But just going to take it as it comes so sick of feeling let down each month ready to be positive and supportive of April

Let the bfp's roll in ladies....
    @MrsTugs this is our month hun I can feel it

Me: 27 DH: 31 Married
    TTC #1 since October

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Haha Jen I hope it's yours I really do but it def won't be mine unfortunately. My ivf appt is booked for 4 weeks from today :-D

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @MrsTugs - actually starting IVF or pre-appointment with an FS?

Me = 34, DH = 34
    TTC #1 for 2 years. OI: Sept '13: BFP (chem), Oct '13: BFN, Dec '13: BFN

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jenv View Post
    April will be our month... Going to try and relax this cycle and not work myself up.... Will still be charting cause I'm just that OCD kinda person hahaha... But just going to take it as it comes so sick of feeling let down each month ready to be positive and supportive of April

Let the bfp's roll in ladies....
    @MrsTugs this is our month hun I can feel it

Me: 27 DH: 31 Married
    TTC #1 since October
    Yeahy! Nice dose of positivity! I love it!

Yep, April it is!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to OIC For This Useful Post:

Lolamc  (25-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies

DH and I have started to try for bub #2. I think I'll be testing around the 14th, but not sure as my cycle I've just had was longer than usual. I'm still BF our 9.5mo.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolamc View Post
    Not gibberish at all. It must be awful to have all your hopes on something and think you're on the same page and have him change his mind. You guys will work it out though.
    Yep - our relationship is really strong & this is just a little hurdle. Absolutely what you said...it's simply trying to get on the same page. We seem to be flipping & jumping all over at the moment. I think we've just gotta take our focus off it SO much. Sorry ladies but you girls are gonna be the ones to hear my whining! Although that's why we're all here are we? To vent & most definitely support each other in this... I just want to say a BIG thanks for that!