+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 116 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Lolamc - aha! The FS told us to only DTD every second day, for best sperm quality, so we may stick to that (besides, trying to even get BD-ing in every two days is almost impossible!).

Good luck! Hope it works!!!

Get your acupuncturist to write it up as remedial massage!

Me = 34, DH = 34
    TTC #1 for 2 years. OI: Sept '13: BFP (chem), Oct '13: BFN, Dec '13: BFN

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonlyem View Post
    Yep we have PHI. I'm covered for acupuncture under my extras so that's a bonus. I think the initial appt costs more because it's for all the info and what not she goes through and then the following sessions should only cost around $50 (after claiming through PHI). DH is just really frustrating when it comes to money. Only this morning he was saying we were in a good position, yet now this afternoon he's saying we have no money. It's annoying. He's flipping out because we have an electricity bill that's come through that he didn't predict for and we're both due to pay rego in may (which will sting a bit for sure) but it's not like we're destitute. We have savings and I rarely spend money on things other than groceries and petrol (I have a very dull social life haha) but I don't want to go ahead with it just yet when he's like this because I know he'll get all stroppy and moody - he's worse than me!
    I get what you mean, though. I get strict at times with my DH as to what we can spend, only to allow us to blow a chunk and then go "oops" afterwards. That said, I've been a little slack with the budgeting lately, so we've been completely overspending.

Bought a new dishwasher last week and went over our budget by almost double (!). Thank goodness we'd done a massive food shop the day before, so we're stocked until the next pay day! Phew! (Otherwise we wouldn't be able to afford food to dirty our plates to then be able to put in the shiny new dishwasher! *laughs*)

I *finally* did what I've been wanting to do for months - itemised our bills each month and then by date (as opposed to just one long list of weekly/monthly /quarterly/yearly) so I can see exactly what date each month I need to transfer the funds and, more importantly, when our major expense months will be. This will definitely help us with the random expenses that crop up (eg. Dishwashers) and don't take my (slack) budgeting by surprise!

I really hope your DH can make some room in your budget for the acupuncture!!!

Me = 34, DH = 34

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Shrillian For This Useful Post:

MrsTugs  (19-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    ahh best friends bub is due next week....makes me hate how life is so unfair. I loose both my bubs and she gets pregnant by accident with some guy and has no issues at all. I just feel like sitting in the shower and crying my eyes out. Don't get me wrong I'm so happy for her it just feels like the universe got it the other way around because I wanted this she didn't

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffanyandco View Post
    ahh best friends bub is due next week....makes me hate how life is so unfair. I loose both my bubs and she gets pregnant by accident with some guy and has no issues at all. I just feel like sitting in the shower and crying my eyes out. Don't get me wrong I'm so happy for her it just feels like the universe got it the other way around because I wanted this she didn't

*hugs*

*hugs hugs hugs*

Me = 34, DH = 34

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Shrillian For This Useful Post:

Pprom.mama  (18-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffanyandco View Post

Massive cuddles.

I think we've all felt this way. The only way I get through is by thinking its not about us but these specific little people who are supposed to be born and do great things. While it doesn't help me get past the miscarriage, I think my little person when they get here is going to be the one meant for me. That and a hell of a lot of snot crying every now and again!!!!

Stay strong lovely

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lolamc For This Useful Post:

Funchu  (19-03-2014),Pprom.mama  (18-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolamc View Post
    Massive cuddles.

I think we've all felt this way. The only way I get through is by thinking its not about us but these specific little people who are supposed to be born and do great things. While it doesn't help me get past the miscarriage, I think my little person when they get here is going to be the one meant for me. That and a hell of a lot of snot crying every now and again!!!!

Stay strong lovely
    yeah I'm a slight believer of people choose their parents and when they come into the world....doesn't make it any easier. Thanks Hunni xx

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Pprom.mama For This Useful Post:

Lolamc  (19-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrillian View Post
    I get what you mean, though. I get strict at times with my DH as to what we can spend, only to allow us to blow a chunk and then go "oops" afterwards. That said, I've been a little slack with the budgeting lately, so we've been completely overspending.

Bought a new dishwasher last week and went over our budget by almost double (!). Thank goodness we'd done a massive food shop the day before, so we're stocked until the next pay day! Phew! (Otherwise we wouldn't be able to afford food to dirty our plates to then be able to put in the shiny new dishwasher! *laughs*)

I *finally* did what I've been wanting to do for months - itemised our bills each month and then by date (as opposed to just one long list of weekly/monthly /quarterly/yearly) so I can see exactly what date each month I need to transfer the funds and, more importantly, when our major expense months will be. This will definitely help us with the random expenses that crop up (eg. Dishwashers) and don't take my (slack) budgeting by surprise!

I really hope your DH can make some room in your budget for the acupuncture!!!

Me = 34, DH = 34
    I hope so too.

We have an awesome spreadsheet that documents all our accounts and all our incoming and outgoing costs. We have it predicted up to the end of the year with wages, mortgage, bills, etc etc then once a week update it with all our cash/credit card spendings. That way we can see how much extra cash we will have to pay off CC and what not. I've had a talk with DH tonight and said I'm prepared to wait a month if I need to in terms of $$ and now I'm also dropping a PT session a week (I do 2x sessions a week) for a short period of time. I made the suggestion of dropping PT to pay for acupuncture but that's not how he's interpreted it as not doing acupuncture AND dropping PT. *sigh* Plus he's now talking about paying off the last of our wedding album in a lump sum (about $900) as we are currently paying fortnightly until the beginning of May. I don't get his thinking sometimes. So tonight has turned out to be... Can't afford $200 for acupuncture this month, need to drop a PT session a week (payments are currently on hold for 6 weeks anyway as DH is friends with my PT and did some work for her) but we CAN afford $900 to pay off our wedding album. *sigh*

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hope so too.

We have an awesome spreadsheet that documents all our accounts and all our incoming and outgoing costs. We have it predicted up to the end of the year with wages, mortgage, bills, etc etc then once a week update it with all our cash/credit card spendings. That way we can see how much extra cash we will have to pay off CC and what not. I've had a talk with DH tonight and said I'm prepared to wait a month if I need to in terms of $$ and now I'm also dropping a PT session a week (I do 2x sessions a week) for a short period of time. I made the suggestion of dropping PT to pay for acupuncture but that's not how he's interpreted it as not doing acupuncture AND dropping PT. *sigh* Plus he's now talking about paying off the last of our wedding album in a lump sum (about $900) as we are currently paying fortnightly until the beginning of May. I don't get his thinking sometimes. So tonight has turned out to be... Can't afford $200 for acupuncture this month, need to drop a PT session a week (payments are currently on hold for 6 weeks anyway as DH is friends with my PT and did some work for her) but we CAN afford $900 to pay off our wedding album. *sigh*
    Grr! How frustrating!!! I can't believe you suffered a double loss! You should fight to not have the album paid off so quickly if you're not eager enough to get it so quickly (side note - this is the reason I ended up making our wedding album myself, as I couldn't fathom spending the $1500 my photographer was charging as the BASE rate. Ended up making a MASSIVE album for only $400 each print. I calculated with the number of pages I made, my photographer would have charged me around $2700 for it!!! Used the money I would have spent and got three copies, one each for DH's parents and mine and one copy for us).

Also - wow! Your budgeting makes mine look like crap. I have a very simplistic method by comparison.

I'd worked out all our bills in a year (weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly) and then broke it down to how much I need to put aside fortnightly (when we get paid). Each fortnight, I put that into a separate "bills" account and keep transferring the money out of that account to pay the bills as they come up. Works out well for me as that way there is always money for each bill, no matter when it's due.

So each pay day, I transfer money into our bills account, onto the credit card as required, separate accounts for groceries, misc, weekly spending money for each of us and then the remainder of the money goes into a long term savings account (minimum 10%, ideally 20% - we then use that for "big ticket" items such as holidays, furniture, etc. Recently emptied it to finish paying off the last credit card, so it's back to zero. Boo).

The monthly list I made up today was more so for me to track our heaviest bill months for long term planning, such as holidays, etc. Also, I wanted a list so I could start ticking off bills after I paid them and, at a glance, know exactly when things are due and especially where we're at with payments (eg, strata, council, water, etc) so I could track it in a "simple" way.

I've strategically put the list on the fridge so DH can get a sense of how much all the "little" things (eg. Subscriptions he never uses) add up to each month.

Me = 34, DH = 34

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrillian View Post
    Grr! How frustrating!!! I can't believe you suffered a double loss! You should fight to not have the album paid off so quickly if you're not eager enough to get it so quickly (side note - this is the reason I ended up making our wedding album myself, as I couldn't fathom spending the $1500 my photographer was charging as the BASE rate. Ended up making a MASSIVE album for only $400 each print. I calculated with the number of pages I made, my photographer would have charged me around $2700 for it!!! Used the money I would have spent and got three copies, one each for DH's parents and mine and one copy for us).

Also - wow! Your budgeting makes mine look like crap. I have a very simplistic method by comparison.

I'd worked out all our bills in a year (weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly) and then broke it down to how much I need to put aside fortnightly (when we get paid). Each fortnight, I put that into a separate "bills" account and keep transferring the money out of that account to pay the bills as they come up. Works out well for me as that way there is always money for each bill, no matter when it's due.

So each pay day, I transfer money into our bills account, onto the credit card as required, separate accounts for groceries, misc, weekly spending money for each of us and then the remainder of the money goes into a long term savings account (minimum 10%, ideally 20% - we then use that for "big ticket" items such as holidays, furniture, etc. Recently emptied it to finish paying off the last credit card, so it's back to zero. Boo).

The monthly list I made up today was more so for me to track our heaviest bill months for long term planning, such as holidays, etc. Also, I wanted a list so I could start ticking off bills after I paid them and, at a glance, know exactly when things are due and especially where we're at with payments (eg, strata, council, water, etc) so I could track it in a "simple" way.

I've strategically put the list on the fridge so DH can get a sense of how much all the "little" things (eg. Subscriptions he never uses) add up to each month.

Me = 34, DH = 34
    Your money management sounds very similar to ours. It makes things so much easier knowing that there is always cash available to pay bills.

You will die when I tell you our wedding album alone cost around $7k... DH is massively into photography so he handpicked our wedding photographers and despite paying for the album and 10x extra pages before the wedding we ended up with extra pages which meant that the album came to such a massive amount. It was so hard to cull photos when they were all amazing. I still feel sick though when I think how much our photography cost. In total I would say reception cost 50% photography 35% and everything else (dress, shoes, suit, DJ, photo booth, church etc) cost the remaining 15%. Which is partially why we're in the position we're in. *sigh*

Having looked at our spreadsheet with DH he's right, can't afford acupuncture this month - unless I take some from savings which he doesn't want to do. It's so annoying having the money there and not being allowed to touch it. I have a $50 Myer card from my birthday... I wonder if they'll accept that for payment? I also have a heap of clothes to try and sell. Probably not worth a lot in total, but every little bit counts!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to M'LadyEm For This Useful Post:

MrsTugs  (19-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Your money management sounds very similar to ours. It makes things so much easier knowing that there is always cash available to pay bills.

You will die when I tell you our wedding album alone cost around $7k... DH is massively into photography so he handpicked our wedding photographers and despite paying for the album and 10x extra pages before the wedding we ended up with extra pages which meant that the album came to such a massive amount. It was so hard to cull photos when they were all amazing. I still feel sick though when I think how much our photography cost. In total I would say reception cost 50% photography 35% and everything else (dress, shoes, suit, DJ, photo booth, church etc) cost the remaining 15%. Which is partially why we're in the position we're in. *sigh*

Having looked at our spreadsheet with DH he's right, can't afford acupuncture this month - unless I take some from savings which he doesn't want to do. It's so annoying having the money there and not being allowed to touch it. I have a $50 Myer card from my birthday... I wonder if they'll accept that for payment? I also have a heap of clothes to try and sell. Probably not worth a lot in total, but every little bit counts!
    The album only?? Ouch!!! I knew I'd want a looot of photos in my album, which is why I made the devision to do the album myself. Used Momento (Melbourne book company) for the printing and they were great. Clean, great colours, no binding in the colours and great packaging. (I love my photography too!!). Our wedding was ridiculously expensive as, being Indian, there were 4 pre-wedding functions, the wedding in the morning and separate reception in the evening, all fully catered for. (!)

I spent surprisingly little on my own dress and outfits, which turned out to be a bonus. DH's suit cost more than my wedding outfit!!! Mind you, my outfit was VERY "tame" by comparison to the range of wedding outfits available out there.

I wouldn't stress about doing it this month, if that's the case. Relax and enjoy the rest of the month - there's only less than two weeks left of it!

Me = 34, DH = 34