+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm fairly certain babies can't go on cruises until they are over 12 months cause they have no neonatal facilities on board. Hopefully I'm right and this gives you an 'excuse' (not that you need one) not to go

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mopoke For This Useful Post:

HowCrazyCool  (05-03-2014),LoveLivesHere  (04-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetcheeks1 View Post
    Oh I'm annoyed he said yes and then he would check with me. Now they know it is me that said no and it will be because I said no that we aren't going!

DH wants to go, he says that his family love me and want me apart of their family and I'm the one that doesn't want to be apart of it. I feel really guilty about that because I love his grand parents but I feel everything is being forced on me and I want to have MY family with DH and bubs at Xmas. Of course I want extended family involved but not be the tag along in what they want... If that makes any sense.
    I know exactly how you feel. My DP does this to me all the time! I end up in tears trying to get him to understand how hurtful it is to be invited to tag along on a vacation with my own family. He agrees to whatever his mother/brother plan which usually takes up new year and our birthday/anniversary. Has no thought that maybe occasionally I may want to spend my birthday with my mum involved or our special day with just him and the kids. I like his family well enough but I am so tired of him agreeing to stuff and then telling me what we are doing later. Then if I change the plans I'm the one being difficult! Grrr.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Tildy For This Useful Post:

Sweetcheeks1  (04-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Two weeks on a cruise with a 6 months old and the inlaws, no way! I would rather eat dirt and I love my inlaws!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lincolns mummy For This Useful Post:

GrabbyCrabby  (07-03-2014),Sweetcheeks1  (06-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't think babies under 12 months could go on cruises . Could be your ticket out !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep I wanted to plan a holiday with DH and baby's under 12months aren't allowed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mopoke View Post
    I'm fairly certain babies can't go on cruises until they are over 12 months cause they have no neonatal facilities on board. Hopefully I'm right and this gives you an 'excuse' (not that you need one) not to go
    Yes this. We were going to go on a cruise when DD4 was little but couldn't as she was under 12 months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ooooh op, you could be freeeeee!!

(I'm truly feeling joy for you haha)

I've never gone on a cruise, but I would imagine there's no way a little baby would be allowed, sounds like others know that to be the case, yay!

Hopefully they've already booked it, so they can't get out of it, then you will have an in law free Christmas, yippee!!

Wow, im way to over joyed at this Haha, sorry.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DaenerysT For This Useful Post:

GrabbyCrabby  (07-03-2014),Sweetcheeks1  (04-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I hope for your sake babies are not permitted on the cruise! That would take all the pressure off you. Maybe then you can say that if they change the plans to something closer to home and easier with a baby, you can do a long weekend or 4/5 nights somewhere after Christmas.

DHs family put a lot of pressure on us to go away with them when DD was about 4mo, DH pretty much said yes straight away and I cracked it. DD was a difficult baby and had some health issues that we were just getting on top of at 3mo. I eventually agreed to go but it sucked, it was hot and humid, we were staying in cabins in a caravan park and I wasn't even invited to half of the events (the trip was to attend SILs graduation) including on my birthday when I spent half the day stuck in the cabin alone with DD. DHs family are actually really nice and I get along with them well - I just don't think they realise how difficult that trip was and I definitely hold DH responsible for agreeing to it!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:

Sweetcheeks1  (04-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Update op ?

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to happygirl1982 For This Useful Post:

Mopoke  (05-03-2014),River Song  (05-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, well DH and I finally had another discussion about it which was a lot more productive and in my favour :-) :-) . At first he wanted to leave it and talk about it in a couple of months but I told him my opinion wasn't going to change. I've agreed to go on holiday leaving after Xmas for a week.
    DH spoke with his mum and apparently she said she understood but that another grandchild of hers didn't even know it was Xmas and is older than what our bub would be so the baby won't even know any better. That annoyed me because this is the first grandchild/ nephew for everyone else so I refuse to take him away from other family members at Xmas and I want our family Xmas, not to be apart of someone else's day.
    I also threw in that the bub may be too young so the fight we were having could be pointless......DH didn't even realise this.
    DH seemed a lot more understanding (especially after I didn't speak to him for 2 days) but I know he isn't happy about it but I refuse to budge! I told him he could go but bub and I wouldn't be meeting him until Boxing Day - but I honestly would not be happy if he choose to do that!
    I'm interested to see how his family react, I'm sure they will try and "convince" me into it but I'm pretty stubborn and I've made up my mind so it's not happening.
    Thanks for all the advice ladies, always good to know that others understand where you're coming from when no one else seems too!

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sweetcheeks1 For This Useful Post:

Cicho  (06-03-2014),DaenerysT  (07-03-2014),GrabbyCrabby  (07-03-2014),LoveLivesHere  (06-03-2014)