+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pisang View Post
    I just went t9 christines website but she doesnt give much away on what fats to eat.. I guess u have to buy her book.
    Can anyone give a quick rundown of what she means? As in she says saturated fats are fine.. doesnt that mean like fast foods too? I understand not getting reduced fat milk and yogurt but im still confused.. ah why so hard now that im old. When I was young I never had to do a thing
    I borrowed it from the library. I will have a read and come back and type them out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pisang View Post
    I just went t9 christines website but she doesnt give much away on what fats to eat.. I guess u have to buy her book.
    Can anyone give a quick rundown of what she means? As in she says saturated fats are fine.. doesnt that mean like fast foods too? I understand not getting reduced fat milk and yogurt but im still confused.. ah why so hard now that im old. When I was young I never had to do a thing
    She doesn't use any seed oils. Uses butter, olive oil (for certain things that don't get very hot) and coconut oil.

Butter rather than margarine.

No fructose (other than a small amount of fruit and usually low fructose fruits like berries) and combines her fruit with fat (like whipped cream). Limits her intake to 15g of fructose per day.

Coconut oil

Stevia, raw honey (limited to one teaspoon per day)

Brown rice syrup

Nuts and coconut (the actual fruit).

Protein

No grains

Don't have fruit first thing in the morning, also don't start the day with coffee.

Potato and sweet potato once you have reached your goal weight or limit for faster weight loss.

Eat eggs

Dietdoctor has a good list of foods to eat and avoid as well.

ETA My DP has been doing this for the last 2 weeks since we got the book and he has lost over 3kgs. I have been persisting with Weight Watchers but I am going to change over as well.

Sweet Poison by David Gillespie is a great book as is I Quit Sugar by Sarah Wilson.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    ^^^ this, natural fat. Animal and butter etc. No grain or seed oils and that rules out fast food unless you can find a fish and chip shop that cook in animal fat. It's Paleo style of eating.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to lilypily For This Useful Post:

PomPoms  (04-03-2014)