+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ive recently lost 11kgs by eating clean. Basically I eat an egg or apple for breakfast, salad and salmon for lunch, almonds, fruit or veggies as a snack, and meat and veg for dinner. I try to avoid anything in a can, any preservatives, anything fermented, and any white refined carbs or sugar. I am also eating minimal dairy. Eating foods in their original state has been the easiest diet I have ever been on, and far easier than calorie counting. I don't deny myself a piece of cake if I really want it, but on the whole I just make more sensible choices. I thought clean eating was a bit of a fad but it has really worked for me.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to GingerKat For This Useful Post:

mum2twinboys  (03-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im not a believer in counting calories or carbs. If you're eating, fresh, healthy, whole, nutritious foods, plenty of raw fruits and veggies then I eat until my hearts content, exersize and drink plenty of water .

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    1200 is pretty low. Its the minimum you need to keep your metabolism ticking over. I am trying to eat about 2-300 cals under my ideal daily calories. But I find it so hard to actually track them every day I would rather not count. I'm really struggling with it. I just know that if I eat 12-1300 I am absolutely STARVING after a day or two. 15-1600 is more realistic I think, plus eat back the calories you exercise.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I have 500c limit twice a week, other days I eat whatever I want

Eta sorry I'm loosing 700g-1.5kg a week. No real exercise..too hot during the day at the moment and walking the kids to school isnt possible with DS1 in a wheelchair and DD in the pram.
    Last edited by headoverfeet; 03-03-2014 at 21:37.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by headoverfeet View Post

Eta sorry I'm loosing 700g-1.5kg a week. No real exercise..too hot during the day at the moment and walking the kids to school isnt possible with DS1 in a wheelchair and DD in the pram.
    Can I ask you what do you eat the days you only consume 500 cal?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I started eating high fat and only whole foods, no processed foods and the weight fell off. Restricting cal is very dangerous.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I stick to one meal so I have a bowl of salad with an egg and tin of flavored tuna or i make a tomato based soup. Some people eat smaller meals but I find it makes me hungry to eat, its easier to just switch it off completely.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lilypily View Post
    I started eating high fat and only whole foods, no processed foods and the weight fell off. Restricting cal is very dangerous.
    That's how I lost all my baby weight after my second baby. I eat only full cream dairy, whole foods and I watch portion size. In fact portion size has been the biggest change. I am now the size I was when I was 22 years old. I've never fluctuated much, but I've found it easiest to keep a stable weight when I stick to whole foods and smaller portions.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Hollywood For This Useful Post:

mummytomy2boysxxx  (03-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm doing it all wrong then. Ive been using my fitness pal and trying to keep to 1200/day plus exercise 3-4 times a week. I honestly thought I would lose weight fairly easily (aiming for 15kg this year) but so far only lost 2.5kg in 6wks.

I gained 3kg when on 1500/day for a month so dropped it.

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by headoverfeet View Post

Sorry to derail, HOF are you still breastfeeding? I looked at intermittent fasting but everything said it's not good when breastfeeding.

OP,.I've had great success with calorie counting in the past and used the calculator on the .au calorie king website to work out the amount and always used a heart rate monitor when working out and ate back those extra calories burnt. So if I was having 1400 calories a day and did a 600 calorie workout I would eat 2000 calories that day. I'm finding restrictinguyen my calories for longer than a day or 2 impossible while breastfeeding though!!

Sent from my GT-S5830 using The Bub Hub mobile app

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

mummytomy2boysxxx  (03-03-2014)