+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Only 2 follicles for EPU. Looking for hope

I am on day 9 of flare cycle. Scan today showed only 2 follicles for EPU scheduled Wednesday. I'm on aggressive doses of fsh,39yo with low ovarian reserve. and have been given option to cancel. FS also said we may get lucky. We have to travel for ivf so can't do multiple cycles this year. I'm still trying to decide to cancel or go ahead. Any success stories with low follicle counts to give me hope that we could get lucky

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi - I only had 2 follicles at pick up and only one egg collected. I am now 9 weeks pregnant with that one egg. I had a day 5 transfer. I have had previous cycles with 8 - 10 eggs collected its no success so it really does take one. I also have low ovarian reserve and am 43. Good luck, with your decision!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Go for it. You will never regret it. I went for it and no eggs but I don't regret it one bit. It only takes. 1 egg and 1 sperm to make a baby

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Helsbaby View Post
    Hi - I only had 2 follicles at pick up and only one egg collected. I am now 9 weeks pregnant with that one egg. I had a day 5 transfer. I have had previous cycles with 8 - 10 eggs collected its no success so it really does take one. I also have low ovarian reserve and am 43. Good luck, with your decision!
    Wow helsbaby - I love hearing stories like yours. Congratulations!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,
    I had 10 eggs collected but only two were viable. Both fertilised and grew out to day 5 blast. I was told one was good and the other was dodgy. They put both back in due to multiple failures and I got my bfp! I started with 2 sacs but only one was viable. Don't give up hope!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I only had 1 emby fertilise out if 10 and he's nearly 3 years old.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My son was from a cycle I was told to cancel as I only had two follicles. We got 2 eggs, only one fertilised and will be 3 years old in a couple of weeks. It really does only take one!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do it!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by treeny View Post
    I am on day 9 of flare cycle. Scan today showed only 2 follicles for EPU scheduled Wednesday. I'm on aggressive doses of fsh,39yo with low ovarian reserve. and have been given option to cancel. FS also said we may get lucky. We have to travel for ivf so can't do multiple cycles this year. I'm still trying to decide to cancel or go ahead. Any success stories with low follicle counts to give me hope that we could get lucky
    How did things end up for you? 🌻