+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tippytoes View Post
    I only have a 21 month old (next due in July). She has always been this way too. Exhausting. Esp now that she only naps for max 1 hour (10- 20 min at daycare apparently). I need that extra hour of sanity! The screaming all the time is really hard. I don't see other kids behaving this way either when I am out or go to activities. Just saying I know how you feel and subbing!
    I have looked into this 'spirited child' thing but I didn't really want to read about it because I didn't feel right about putting a label on her. But I guess that is what they could be?
    Although, I used the term 'high spirited' I do much prefer the term 'high energy and head strong' LOL...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babylove81 View Post
    Although, I used the term 'high spirited' I do much prefer the term 'high energy and head strong' LOL...

Yep yep!! this sums up my kids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    A pp mentioned a play centre and although I stay as far away as possible from them, I sympathise. It would be my worst nightmare. The fact that u have to pay for those places is even worse.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Does your 3yo do this at daycare?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babylove81 View Post
    Haha love it. Yep!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Tippytoes For This Useful Post:

babylove81  (03-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    *may I add from 5am to 7pm!! ☺️ Love 'em to bits... (most days). They really are good kids, just exhausting!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SHAELEEJANE View Post
    Does your 3yo do this at daycare?
    She LOVES daycare and asks to go every day. The carers love her to bits. She is one of two who do not take naps In her room. They have recently asked me permission to send her to the kinder room during 'sleep time', as she wanders in there on her own accord anyways and happily joins I'm with the other older kids. So with ratios permitting, she goes in there too.
    Constantly talks about daycare and her "teachers" and her little friends. I think she prefers it over being home with me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Muffet View Post
    A pp mentioned a play centre and although I stay as far away as possible from them, I sympathise. It would be my worst nightmare. The fact that u have to pay for those places is even worse.
    I hear ya! We only go if there is a birthday party (the parents of birthday child pay).

For the 1.5hrs we were there I couldn't justify paying full price at $11.90 for her to constantly whinge at me to watch her or scream "stay!" if I tell her I just want to see what they have at the cafe which is 4 meters away.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Muffet View Post
    She LOVES daycare and asks to go every day. The carers love her to bits. She is one of two who do not take naps In her room. They have recently asked me permission to send her to the kinder room during 'sleep time', as she wanders in there on her own accord anyways and happily joins I'm with the other older kids. So with ratios permitting, she goes in there too.
    Constantly talks about daycare and her "teachers" and her little friends. I think she prefers it over being home with me
    Can you send her more ? There is nothing wrong with daycare .

Thanks
    Reviews
    3 year old ds2 is the same. Instead of playing when we go anywhere, all he wants is to be held by me. When I am holding him he pokes me in the face and is so rough with me. I dread going anywhere and can forget talking to anyone. It actually makes me anxious knowing what's going to happen.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to becca022 For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Muffet  (04-03-2014)