+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It's a good idea but no I don't as we always end up going off the plan. I just buy what's on special and hope we get meals out of it, if not I'll go back to the shop for bits n pieces.

lexim is offline Winner 2013 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I shop & meal plan fortnightly. Before I go shopping I see what meals I've already got & then write a list. Our "menu" goes on the fridge & we take turns in choosing what's for dinner. I only ever plan for 10 meals per fortnight, we usually have take away once a week, and there are always "cheat" meals for when we don't feel like cooking.

The current menu:
    Panko crumbed fish, chips & salad
    Tacos
    Meat pies & veg
    Chicken enchiladas & salad
    Roast Lamb
    Spag bol
    Marinated steak & veggies
    Chicken fettuccine
    Mini quiches & salad
    Beef stroganoff & pasta

My shopping bill is usually around $200 one week & $300 the next (2A, 2C).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, i meal plan. If i didn't, not only would it get expensive, but i would be so unenthused if i had to waste time every day thinking of what to cook for dinner.
    I do our grocery shop, and meal plan in my head as i go, then go home and separate all the meat into meal sized portions and freeze it. If there is anything else i missed, or need for the meals i just add it to my list and grab them when i get fresh milk every couple of days. This is our menu for the next fortnight ...... (not in day order, and haven't included Veg or sides)

Mustard chicken casserole
    Chicken pasta bake
    Honey soy and garlic grilled chicken
    Smokey bbq grilled chicken
    Chow mein mince
    Beef tacos
    Ravioli bolognese
    Rissoles or hamburgers
    Soft chicken tacos
    Fish
    Nachos
    Pizza
    Quiche
    Chicken soup

Thanks
    Reviews
    I sort of do that I just get enough good for weekly meals but decide the day before which one to cook. There are always days where I just have too much on and I wing it with other things I keep in reserve for nights where I'm extra tired Im definitely going to be cooking and freezing meals in advance before I have my baby this time

Thanks
    Reviews
    I do a fortnightly meal plan. Makes life sooo much easier and saves money

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I do meant to do shopping today but I'm not in the mood now so "subbing" kids are having leftovers for dinner and I'll have toast probably. Hubby can fend for himself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I do a fortnightly menu. Easier and saves money knowing what to buy on shopping day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Nope I don't. The reason is that I don't believe it generally does save money. I tend to buy meat that is on special then form meals around that for the week. So say if I was to meal plan tacos for Monday night... and mince isn't on special @ $12 a kilo but I pick up rump on special for 10. I think it can be handy when someone is the 'toss everything in the trolley that looks good' type of person. But when you go in with a set meal plan you are often not buying meat/seasonal veg that is on special.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    Nope I don't. The reason is that I don't believe it generally does save money. I tend to buy meat that is on special then form meals around that for the week. So say if I was to meal plan tacos for Monday night... and mince isn't on special @ $12 a kilo but I pick up rump on special for 10. I think it can be handy when someone is the 'toss everything in the trolley that looks good' type of person. But when you go in with a set meal plan you are often not buying meat/seasonal veg that is on special.
    That's how i meal plan. I buy it all first them do the plan from what i have purchased, and pick up extra stuff if i don't have it in the pantry. When we side it the other way around, it didn't work out to be a good thing financially.