+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Coming off the pill - side effects.

Hi all,
    We will be trying for #2 in a few months so I came off the pill last month. In the last week I have noticed some things but put them down to side effects of coming off the pill. However tonight I noticed that I am lactating.
    Does anyone know if that could be another side effect of coming off the pill?
    Cheers

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hmmm not to my knowledge! Are you on any other meds? High prolactin levels can be a side effect of some medication but never heard of it as a side effect of coming off the pill. Until the level comes down you may find your periods don't return (happened to me). See your Gp for a blood test perhaps?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not on any other meds. Last pill taken 13/02. AF 17/02. Maybe baby said I was O around 23/02 (quick I know but I just assume that this was due to only just recently coming off the pill).

Do I wait for days/weeks or go see my GP ASAP?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Are you still lactating? If it was me I would get it checked by Gp now as can be a symptom of other problems I believe too. So better to be sure.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Bond Girl,
    Yeah I was concerned about that as well. I went and saw my Dr on Friday and told him all my symptoms. He checked me out and he has put it down to crazy hormones. I am doing Maybe Baby at the moment to check my cycle and I haven't stopped ferning. Well I did for a couple of days. Dr thinks I am one of the lucky few who are extremely fertile.