+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 65 FirstFirst ... 10505859606162 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all so update from Brissy trip, Harvey has nothing wrong with his head yay but he didn't gain any weight again from last week so the paedritician has suggested I do a top up feed of formula at night time when my milk supply is lowest to help him out. I wasn't keen on doing so but really thought about it who cares he's still getting breast all day and most of the night and I want him to gain weight and be happy and healthy. So last night I fed him at 6:30 and my partner have him a bottle of formula at 8:30 and I fed him again at 11 but had to express a little from each breast so he didn't get flooded. He still wakes/feeds every 2-3hrs but today he went nearly 4hrs in between and has be so much more settled. We also took him to a chiropractor this morning who said he's neck was out a little and did a readjustment so not sure if that has helped also cause he hasn't fought me to go to sleep.

We are having a date night tonight just feeding now and my SIL is babysitting and will give him a bottle of expressed milk and if he needs more there is formula bottle till we get home can't wait.

Rozzie I can't believe Ruby sleeps through that is excellent so jealous I would love to even have 5hrs straight. I tried Harvey on that routine but he kept waking every 2-3 hrs and couldn't really do it cause of the no weight gain issue but maybe in a few weeks I can try again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Lan that's fantastic news, I'm so pleased for you 😄
    Enjoy your date nite ❤️

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am so glad to hear things are ok Lan! I wouldn't worry about giving formula. I was also worried as my bub ended up on 100% formula at only one month old. At the end of the day, put two 7 year olds side by side and you wouldn't be able to tell who was bf vs formula fed. Just do whatever is right for you and your bub. Enjoy your date night.

Rozzie, glad to hear Ruby is going great. Elijah is also well, we are now in a bit of a night routine, he goes down anywhere between 7 and 8pm depending on when hubby gets home from work to do his bath. He then goes right through til about 3 / 3:30am and takes a full feed, then again about 6 for a half feed and about an hour awake time before going down for another 2-3 hour sleep. I have thought about trying the dream feed but can't bring myself to wake a sleeping bub. I usually try to go to bed around 9 so I get a full 6 hours anyway.

How is everyone else doing?

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    So ready - so glad Elijah is doing so well hun!

Lan - what a relief his head is ok babe, so happy for you. And if topping him up with formula is what's best for him, please don't beat yourself up about it.

Knox was BF for 6 mths before weaning to formula, and at 4.5 yrs old now you can't tell what he was fed! He is rarely sick, as opposed to some friends children I know who were BF for a year or 2 and are always sick. So any antibodies you are passing on through BF now is better than none at all, no matter how long you nurse for.

Ruby was only BF for her first Mth, and then weaned to formula. I had great supply, no latching issues and she started out feeding like a champ. But then just started falling asleep on the boob and I would spend an hour trying to wake her to feed her/get her full. At the end of that hour, she wasn't full, Knox wasn't dressed or fed breakie, and not a thing had been done around the house or achieved. It was starting to stress me out to no end so DH and I just made the decision to wean her (after persevering as much as I could to BF).

Instead of beating myself up as much as I did when I weaned Knox (felt super guilty and cried a river when I weaned him!), I remembered that the best thing I can give Ruby is a happy, sane, and stress free Mumma. And a full tummy! And that's all that matters.

I went to the local races last weekend for a friends birthday, for an afternoon outing it was bliss to get out amongst adults lol! Anyway....I could not believe how many ppl made comments to me about BFeeding as clearly Ruby was not at the races with me and I was sipping champas!

From women I barely know I got "oh and are you nursing?", and "Did you just express for Heath to feed her", and my fave...a flat out "aren't you breastfeeding??" as she ogled my drink. And I barely knew these women? What business is it of theirs if I am breastfeeding or not? And why automatically assume that I am?

People are so consumed by what they think is right for your baby, when in fact you are the one that knows exactly what is best for you and you darling boy. Makes me super angry some women pass judgement on the BF issue. I'm sure we would all LOVE to breastfeed as long as we can, sometimes it just isn't that simple. So be kind to yourself and do what you feel is best xxx
    Last edited by Rozzie1976; 13-09-2014 at 10:28.

Thanks
    Reviews
    PS hope date night was a blast!! And on Chiro, i take Ruby as well. I took Knox from birth once a Mth and we still go every 6-8 weeks now. It's meant to be great and not sure if that's partly why Knoxi is rarely sick or not. Really good at keeping ear infections and things like that at bay too apparently x

Thanks
    Reviews
    My gorgeous girl is 3 weeks old today, she is just amazing, I'm so in love with her!! She is an absolute dream, she has her last bottle about 9.30pm and then sleeps till about 6-7am!! 😄ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1410741987.128532.jpgImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1410741998.658643.jpg

7. The Following User Says Thank You to stephhamer For This Useful Post:

Rozzie1976  (16-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies date night was great

How are you ladies getting ur LO's to sleep longer at night? Harvey was awake every 2hrs last night and didn't sleep much yesterday? I'm getting very exhausted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Reviews
    Steph - omg too cute! That's amazing she sleeps so well, Ruby is only doing this now at 7 weeks! What a champ.

lan - I honestly think the fact that Ruby is solely now on Formula helps. Having said that Knox was sleeping 7-6/7 with. Dream feed at 5 weeks old and he was breastfeed, so sometimes I think it just comes down to the bubba.

Maybe because Harvey is still gaining weight / catching up he is needing all the feeds? Does seem really frequent though. So if you fed him at say 9am, would you then have to feed him again at 11am? Does he feed for long babe and drain each boob?

Thanks
    Reviews
    You're probably right Rozzie. Yeah I'm going home tomorrow so will get him weighed Thursday to see if he's gained any from last week. I give him both sides every feed and they usually last up to 40mins all up. But nighttime I dont seem to have as much so I give him a formula bottle after both boobs for the last feed before bed time. He has been going a little longer between feeds but the nighttime is still every 3hrs. Hopefully the formula feed helps him gain weight and he can start sleeping a bit longer

Thanks
    Reviews
    This thread has gone a bit quiet how is everyone going?