+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 65 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Mieke she is so beautiful! Congratulations Hun!

Mona I hope your little one settles better for you soon...love the pic! Adorable! Xx

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Emzy5 For This Useful Post:

Mona424  (19-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mona I am also having trouble feeding. In the hospital he started cluster feeding and they told me to just bear it for 2 days as he was trying to bring in my milk. As a result he was attaching for up to 4 1/2 hours non stop at a time and has left me so damaged I really couldn't physically go on. Instead I am expressing what I can bare and supplementing with formula too. It's not ideal as I am hooked up to the pump so much and then still doing bottles. We were also worried he was not getting enough and was restless cos he was hungry but he actually gained 220g in the first 3 days out of hospital. He sleeps amazingly during the day but is restless at night. He is lucky he's just so damn cuteImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1405734269.830235.jpg. I really wanted to breastfeeding but even pumping although better, still hurts and trying to space them out enough so I can heal is leaving them so engorged it's creating a whole new type of pain on top.
    They make you feel so guilty about formula though.

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope things get better with feeding for soready. Sounds like you've had quite an ordeal...everyone has their own opinion on bottle feeding but there are many many women who have had no choice to bottle feed and their babies grow just as fast and healthy as breast fed bubs. Keeping fingers crossed for you Hun xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

We are home!! Our girls got discharged on Thursday and after a long 3 months we are finally home as a family 😃 it's surreal!

Congratulations to those who have had bubs - sorry for no personals.

On the BF front I've been expressing since the day after they were born and still am. I'm bottle feeding them as while they were in hospital they got used to it and it's easier for them as they don't have to work as hard plus I just wanted them home so whatever! Also twin breast feeding just wasn't for me. That said they do breast feed well so I can when I want/need. There's something very nice about knowing exactly how much they are getting. They are on 4hourly feeds and at 11pm and 3am they have formula for a couple of reasons 1 being I want them to be able to take it and 2 it fills them up more! Last night they slept for 5hrs so good news for us all.

I say do whatever YOU need and what works for YOU. It's all well & good for people to pass judgement but they don't know what you're going through so should really keep their mouths shut!!

Loving all the baby news and can't wait for more.

Xx

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jb2011 For This Useful Post:

Rozzie1976  (19-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    SoReady, I don't know how you have done it!! I have to agree with JB, breastfeeding is hard and it's different for every person and every baby... For me, I just don't feel like Mikayla is getting enough. That's why we are breastfeeding and topping up with formula.

Beautiful pic SoReady

JB, what you said is perfect.. I think in the ideal world we would all love to breastfeed but it's up to the person what they want to do and what they feel comfortable with. There are lots of babies out there that are fed on formula and they are perfectly healthy!!

Bet you are glad bubs are at home it would have been hard to leave them at the hospital over the last few months..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats Mieke & Mona on your beautiful bundles!
    JB that is amazing your little ones are home now, must be such a good feeling.
    Our little B will be 5 weeks old on Tuesday. Where has the time gone? She still feeds every 3 hours around the clock but now that we've moved to our new house it's not so hectic & easier to rest up a bit.
    You girls sound like your doing a wonderful job feeding your babies - I agree you have to do what you feel is right for your baby & stuff what anyone else thinks.
    If you do choose to continue BF - I had a private lactation consultant come to my house when B was 10 days old. Checked for tongue/lip tie, helped with ideas for settling & worked with me on attachment. Well worth it & we have not looked back. Just a suggestion if yo hats what you want to do.
    Hopefully my pic attached!
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1405811718.384734.jpg

9. The Following User Says Thank You to rosey82 For This Useful Post:

Mona424  (20-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Absolutely gorgeous Rosey! I can't believe it's been 5 weeks!!

The child health nurse that has been coming to see me said she could refer me to QE11. So I would stay 4 nights and you have a person with you all the time who helps you with feeding and settling. I see the nurse again on Wednesday so if things don't get any better, I think I'll ask for the referral.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rosey - ohhhh what a little darling! Gorgeous pic and so god you are doing so well x

Mona - I would agree with what Rosey said, or to anyone else really wanting to Breastfeed, a consult with a lactation expert or nurse could be just what you need. Sometimes it can just be an attachment issue or something more, may be worth a shot.

Hope all Mums and Mummas to be are going well x

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Rozzie1976 For This Useful Post:

Mona424  (20-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Soready - forgot to say, I can't believe the nurses let you feed for 4.5 hrs straight in pain. I think that's a little irresponsible of them and unnecessary. You do what feels right for you, sometimes the hospital staff don't always have the answers and your milk I'm sure will come in without having bub on there for 4 hrs, you poor thing. That's why after DS and my CS I discharged myself less than 48 hrs after the operation as each midwife coming in had different ideas, and different theories/ways of doing things. I couldn't wait to get home and just do things the way I was happy with. Hope things are improving sweetie x

loco - how is recovery going and that gorgeous girl of yours!?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Rozzie, yes very bad and I agree they all tell you different things and don't seem to always communicate on shift changes. It was definitely a learning curve for me as a first timer. Unfortunately I don't think I will be able to get him back on the boob but will definitely try again with our next one and insist on a proper lc from day one. As much as I would love to feed him from the boob, it is handy having a 25 min turnaround at night for feeding, nappy change and resettling. I can see the attraction to bottle feed.

How are everyone's bubs doing in the sleep department?

And, more importantly, how many more bubs are due this month?

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

15. The Following User Says Thank You to SoReady For This Useful Post:

Rozzie1976  (22-07-2014)