+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 65 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Mona she is so beautiful, I hope you feel better..best of luck loco, can't wait to hear you are holding your little bubs in your arms xx

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Emzy5 For This Useful Post:

Mona424  (07-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Due date tomorrow but this baby is in no hurry, happily staying put and just gaining weight. My OB is going to start induction on Friday as she fears another week will put him over 4kg and likely end up in a cs given my size. Looks like a Saturday will be the big birthday - everything just suddenly got very real

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Oh that's exciting SoReady! Fingers crossed bub decides to come before you get induced.

I'm 38wks today and impatiently waiting. I had a productive day and trying to make lots of plans for the next week or so to keep me busy (or temp fate enough to bring on labour!). Have horrid sinus stuffiness which seems to be yet another fun pregnancy thing. It's keeping me awake at night but the GP gave me some steroid nasal spray which I'm hoping will make it better over the next few days.

Loco - if you're reading, I'm thinking of you and hoping for some good news soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck with everything SoReady xo I'm getting very excited for you!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Soready, is baby showing any sign of action before your induction? all the best for tomorrow!

12 days before my c section. Can not wait!!! I'm very excited, and can't wait to have dh at home for four weeks. It's never ever happened before.

Had a test run with my dog next to the pram yesterday when I took my friends boy for a walk while baby sitting. The dog walked so nicely. I'm glad as I'm a bit worried as to how she will react to the arrival.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Soready - GL with induction can't wait for the news!

Lillaa - can I ask why they are giving you a csec nearly 2 weeks before due date? Was just wondering if due to Gest Diabetes or something x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lilla that's great news about your dog with the pram! Our dog is used to prams /kids having worked as a nanny for a long time but she's never had newborns around. We bring home their dirty clothes for her to smell and talk to her about them a lot and she looks back at us like "what the heck are you saying!". We went to a talk about introducing bubs to dogs and the basics are:

Before bub comes home:
    - bring home dirty nappies (1s & 2s), dirty clothes for the dog to smell but do NOT let the dog have the items, sniffing only!
    - get a recording on your phone of bubs crying to play near the dog without reacting / acknowledging the dog while it's listening
    - make any changes to dogs routine that will happen when the baby comes home before it comes home eg: DH taking over care/feeding/walking of dog, block off nursery if dog won't be allowed in etc

When bub is coming home:
    - dog on lead inside the house
    - baby to be brought inside NOT crying
    - dog can only be brought to the baby if it is calm (keep on lead and ignore it until it settles)
    - then let the dog sniff the baby feet first
    - don't ignore your dog once bub is home!!

Hope this helps! I know no one asked but thought I'd share!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jb2011 For This Useful Post:

Emzy5  (11-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

Heres another baby girl for the group! Baby Aoibheann Annie (Irish name Aoibheann pronounced Ay veen) joined us on tuesday evening weighing 7lbs 9oz. I was induced at 38 weeks plus 5 as doc thought baby was on the large size.

Opted for epidural after the doc examined me (very swollen down there for the past 2 months) and nearly jumped off the bed. Epidural is the business if any of you are afraid of pain like me! Didnt work on the right side completely so had to keep topping up but its the business. I am in awe of women who do it all naturally. Baby was posterier so I was thrilled to have epidural as Doc had to turn her and then use forceps. Ended up with stitches but not much sorer than I was before birth because of swollen girlie bits anyway. TMI - sorry. Anyway baby is fab and after 9 years of trying, we still cant believe she is ours for keeps!! Will post a pic soon xxx

11. The Following User Says Thank You to hopeh3 For This Useful Post:

Rozzie1976  (11-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Congrats hope!! Glad you're doing well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats hope!! Gorgeous name. Thanks for taking the time to share your news with us. 9 years bloody hell... I bet you're in disbelief! I thought 4 years was long enough.

JB thanks for the tips with the dog! Certainly some good advice there! We live walking distance from the hospital so dh will come home daily and be with her, as well as our friends with their dog. Hope it won't be toooo weird for her.

Rozzie, I'm sorry you did ask me before and I never replied. The c section really is a personal preference. I've always been very worried about my bits post birth, and the impact on my sport life, s3x life and incontinence. Plus my mom had to have a couple of operations due to prolapse, plus I have a couple of blood issues which meant I would have had to be induced anyway before my due date. Dh and I figured that an elective c section was probably the least terrible choice if anything was to be wrong (emergency c section would put a lot of stress on everyone in terms of dealing with my blood issues). If I could know for sure that I was going to have a text book vag delivery I would, but anything wrong and the whole thing would probably be a lot worst than an elective c section.
    The ob is completely on board and said that as long as we don't want more than 3 kids, he's happy for us to go elective.
    Dh sees a lot of kids with terrible disabilities in his work and he's terrified of anything going wrong during the birth for baby. I need him on my side and quite relaxed on the day, not super worried!
    Anyway, why 38weeks? Ob said from 37weeks baby is considered full term, and we don't want labour to start before planned as we want to stay away from an emergency section and an anaestetist who doesn't know my condition so we agreed 38+1 was good.