+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 65 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Lan - GL and hope bub turns for you. My DS turned breech at 32 weeks and never turned back despite acupuncture, Chiro and many other attempts. I was so devestated at not getting my natural birth, and may not come to this for you but my Cesarean was such a positive, calm and incredible birth I wouldn't have changed a thing, with a super quick recovery. PM me if u want and best of luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I wanted to reply to this quote from rozzie for all mums not having a choice wether they go full term or not. I have a blood condition that means I MUST be enduced at 36 weeks. My DS who is now 9y.o had to be enduced at 30 weeks and he has just been elected to represent his grade in an annual Maths and spelling competition out of his whole year level. Last year and this year he is doing an advanced Maths class as the work for him in the lower level was not stimulating him enough. My sisters DD was induced at 34 weeks and is also highly intellectual. So despite what may be on the internet it is not always the case. So for all you ladies who don't have a choice in the matter of being induced early, don't panic and think the worst, as in all the babies I know of that have been induced early there have been no issues at all. The internet should be regulated I think. Most times it causes undue worry. I mean no disrespect to you with this post rozzie, I think it's beautiful you care so much and want to share this info but my son and many other children I know are living proof it can be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Rozzie1976 View Post
    Rosey- so glad you're home and B is doing well, hope you're all settling into a nice routine

heartstringz - that was so interesting to read about your dates. My hospital is the opposite and will only go by the IVF transfer date, despite my scan date being 3 days earlier like you. Apparently the hospital said you can't argue with IVF and embryo transfer dates, etc as you know exactly how old the embryo is.

I just wanted to share this image for anyone trying to speed things up prior to the 39th week, just FYI. If a bub arrives early by themselves they're good and ready, but have seen lots of info such as this for anyone considering trying to naturally induce labour before 39 weeks. Found it very interesting.
    Last edited by Emzy5; 26-06-2014 at 09:46.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think that image of the brain is a little misleading too - the brain doesn't stop developing when a baby is born, the brain is constantly changing and developing all through childhood and into adulthood (I'm no neuroscientist but that's my understanding).

I doubt any of the things we try at home to get labour going would work if our bodies & babies weren't ready anyway, and if you're getting induced or having a Caesar prior to term under medical advice/supervision I would expect a risk/benefit assessment has been considered.

I for one will be chowing down on hot curries and walking my preggo butt off when I hit 38/39wks!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:

Emzy5  (26-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    How's everyone going? I'm 30 weeks tomoro!! Really suffering with spd, can hardly walk and lying down in any position is so painful, I know it will all be worth it though!! Can't wait to meet our little Bub's!! 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Stephammer I hope you feel better soon. I found weeks 30-32 the most uncomfortable due to bubs position but for me it got a bit easier after that point. I hope it is the same for you.

I am39 weeks tomorrow and after being told at last weeks app he had started to drop so be ready, at yesterday's appointment he hadn't dropped any lower but had a huge growth spurt instead. They had estimated only about 400g in 3 weeks, then 400g in this last week alone. Now at about 3.3kg and looking like I will reach my due date next Wednesday. I am totally ready whenever he decides...eek

How is everyone else?

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oooooh how exciting Soready!!!! I hope everything goes well, can't wait to hear news of the arrival xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    SoReady you're almost there! What are you up to those next few days?

July has arrived ladies, babies are almost there!

I'm booked for a ceasa in 3 weeks. It seems very close, I'm super excited!

I am really enjoying not working and getting ready.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies, am just doing some last minute things, getting a pedicure, increasing my acupuncture to try and get things moving. It's all a bit scary yet exciting now x

Mona, how are you holding in there? You must be 40 weeks now?

Loco, when is your cs?

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lan - How did your appt go, has bub turned from breech position for you yet?

Stephhamer - Are you feeling any better? By the way what is SPD? Hope you are getting some rest hun.

So ready - how exciting could go any day now! best of luck when bub decides to arrive, can't wait to hear the news

Lillaa - 3 weeks will go so fast very exciting! When is your C/S date? Can I ask if you don't mind why you are booked in for a C Section? Glad you are enjoying your maternity leave.

Loco - when is your C/S date? I've been following 1 of your other posts re a 2nd C section and recovery just incase I don't get to have bub naturally and have my 2nd Cesarean. Is this C/S elective or did your Ob suggest you shouldn't try for a VBAC?

JB - How are those gorgeous girls going!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Rozzie had check up this morning and after all my alternative methods baby has turned head down woo hoo so going to keep up with the moxibustion sticks every might which will keep it down hopefully and get the head to engage I'm so happy but I know that it can still turn back but will try to do everything now to keep it down. How are u feeling? I finish work next week can't wait going to book in for a spa day the week after, most of the babies room is done and bags are packed except for a few things of mine. Just need to put car seat in and I think we will be ready 😁 can't wait so my time off will be just to relax and sleep before bubba comes.