+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 65 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies I would like ur opinions, I have decided that I would like to do a calmbirth education class instead of the maters antenatal class. But the only thing is my partner is not keen in changing we discussed it and I told him that I want to do the calmbirth so I can overcome the fear I have and to try and have a stress free naturally birth without resorting to medication. I am a control freak and not sure how I will handle the whole labour process and believe after researching calmbirth that it will be helpful. I now feel guilty that I'm making my partner do something he doesn't want to do even though he says whatever u want to do ill do it. He just seems really off it and short when I try to talk to him about it. I have offered that I change the mater antenatal class to the July one so we can still do that as well am I being unreasonable? I just feel really guilty then I get stressed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lan - don't feel guilty OR stressed! It has taken you a long time to get to this point so you should do what feels right. I think it's great you offered to do both classes that way both needs are being met. And I know lots of women who have said they want a natural 'drug free' birth (which is what I am also hoping for), and then they have ended up needing an emergency cesarean, or opting for an epidural or drugs due to the pain. Sometimes it is just out of our control so try not to get too worried or stressed huni and do what feels right.

I can't remember who wasn't sleeping due to insomnia and who was waking hungry sorry! I can't say I have had either of these issues and am the opposite. I am sleeping like a baby (was the same with my first pregnancy never had sleep issues thank god!) and completely bomb for around 9-10 hours a night, and usually have a 10-20 minute nap or 2 a day on the couch!!! LAZY!!!

I feel like I have hit the 3rd trimester and all that tiredness from the 1st tri has come back again.

Just a question, is anyone else small for their gestation weeks? I am petite anyway and have only gained 6 kilos so far with just over 10 weeks to go. My Obst doesn't seem worried nor the GP and having been sick on and off with gastro then bronchitis this pregnancy esp the last 2-3 mths. But I seem to have lost weight everywhere else while my tummy is still growing (which is the main thing) and bub is measuring around a week behind due date so everyone is happy with my progress. I also get really full now quite quickly so don't seem to be eating nearly as much as say a month or 2 ago....anyone else the same???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Rozzie yeah I think I just want to do what is best for myself and him (typical female always thinking about others). I know sometimes things are out of our hands and this class prepares you for that as well not just about natural which is great. I did the ladies breast feeding course last weekend and really enjoyed her class and believe her calmbirth class will be even better as they're is only us and another couple booked in where as the mater one was up to 15 couples when I booked in two months ago. I also haven't been sleeping that great at night time and also don't have as much to eat now just get fuller quicker but I have put on at least 10kgs but everyone says I look all belly which is good Rozzie if ur OB isn't concerned then I wouldn't worry my SIL had her baby 4 weeks ago and was so tiny but had a 8lb baby so size doesn't mean anything

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Lan0308 For This Useful Post:

Rozzie1976  (24-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hi ladies. I'm all recovered from my sinus infection thank goodness, thanks to a round of antibiotics.

I'm also having trouble sleeping but it's more getting to sleep in the first place that's the issue. I also wake up with aching hips or ribs, depending on how I sleep. It doesn't help when DD comes in at 2am and insists on sleeping right next to me! Cute though

I didn't use a tens machine last time but I got one from Aldi recently so will try it out this time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Has anyone heard anything from JB? x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Ladies,

I haven't had a chance to catch up on any ones news as the last couple of weeks have been a complete blur. On Mother's Day (11/5/14) after 5 weeks of bed rest at 5.35am our twin baby GIRLS decided they wanted to enter the world!! I had been in labour for quite awhile before it was picked up - even my doctor came in to check my cervix on Saturday and it was still closed but things escalated quickly! Then he came in when I was in the birthing suite had a look and said they were ready to come! I was rushed into theatre for a c-section as one was breech, fortunately I rang DH when I was still in my room not in the birthing suite like the midwife told me to as he only just made it in time - saw me being wheeled to theatre through the glass doors, let's just say there was a lot of banging in the glass involved!! Everything happened so quickly and before we knew it I was on the table and our 1st baby girl was being held up over the sheet, crying away then less than a minute later our 2nd baby girl was out - I still cannot believe we had 2 girls, I was sure they were boys!! DH was an emotional mess for the first day and couldn't finish phone conversations when he was ringing his family - such a proud dadda!! They were born at 29+3 and are doing so well considering their age, they are now 31+4 and growing everyday.

Their names are Margaret Magdalena - "Maggie" and Ava Joanne. Maggie is named after our Grandmothers and Ava's middle name is after my Mum. I honestly cannot believe how much love I feel for them - it's quite amazing!

Leaving the hospital was so incredibly hard to leave them but once I had a good nights sleep in my own bed I know it's the place I should be so I can recharge my batteries for them, keep the milk supply up and get the house ready as after 5 weeks of bed rest and DH moving out the contents of the study and just putting it in the garage we have A LOT of sorting out to do!! We are hoping that by 32/33 weeks they are able to be moved to the special care nursery in the hospital they were born in (same complex as the NICU) then around 34/35 hopefully they start breastfeeding as some babies can start then and 36/37/38 they can come home with us. It's going to be quite the journey but will obviously all be worth it when they come home.

The care they receive in the NICU is above and beyond anything - we know they are in the right place and obviously very comforted by that.

Motherhood sure is a whole new world!!

I definitely didn't make it to the July DD component of this group but l of course still want to be part of it and keep up to date with everyone (eventually!)

Here is a photo of our girls - Maggie on the left & Ava on the right.

Hope everyone is doing well & thank you for asking after me

Xx

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1401107727.809127.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    JB OH....My. God. I'm in tears what a beautiful story. So happy for you and the girls. Your DH sounds adorable. Bless him.

Congratulations 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

Welcome to motherhood ❤️

9. The Following User Says Thank You to LoCo For This Useful Post:

Jb2011  (28-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations!!!!!! They're beautiful. So glad to hear they're doing well and it sounds like you're recovering well too. Wow such a journey for you. Enjoy your gorgeous girls.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:

Jb2011  (28-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    JB they are so cute! I am so relieved they are doing well, you really have had tough time but it must be all worth it when you look at them. I love the names and I'm sure they will be the best of buddies. I forget, were they identical or did you transfer 2 embryos?

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

13. The Following User Says Thank You to SoReady For This Useful Post:

Jb2011  (28-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh JB what wonderful news and what gorgeous little girls!! Your story was amazing and emotional to read, so happy for you!! Massive Congratulations, keep us posted when you get a chance 😊

15. The Following User Says Thank You to stephhamer For This Useful Post:

Jb2011  (28-05-2014)