+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 65 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mieke034 View Post
    Hi Ladies,

We've all gone a little quiet lately... Whats everybody doing? How are the nurseries going?? Any plans for baby showers??? When are we starting our maternity leave???? Etc.

Lets get talking again ladies... I love reading what everyone has been up to. Makes this journey so much easier..

Mieke
    Hi Mieke! Today I'm at home because I didn't have a great night last night our nursery will hopefully be set up this weekend!! I am so excited to put it together!!

I had my baby shower last weekend and I had the best time!! Bub and I were spoilt, we got so much stuff! Another reason why I can't wait to put the baby furniture together so I can put stuff away.

My last day of work is 30 may can't wait to finish!! What about you Mieke?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mona424 For This Useful Post:

mieke034  (15-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi lovely ladies how are you all? Update from me haven't been on for ages but I have been reading everyone's post. I had a check up today with OB was 28 weeks on Monday and had blood tests on Saturday to find out my iron and vitamin d levels are low so getting some tablets this arvo. No wonder I've been so tired hopefully improve once I start taking some tablets. Baby is laying casually to the side lol funny little think it's very active. I am having my baby shower 14th June can't wait, got all my large nursery furniture already still need to set it up. I am doing a breastfeeding course this Saturday and we have antenatal course June long weekend. I have 8 weeks of work left and due in 11 weeks my nursery theme is yellow, grey and white and elephants seen as we don't know the sex. Can't wait to hear all ur ideas

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

quite funny, I have the same news as Rozzie: OB appt this morning at 28+2. low lying placenta is not an issue anymore, and baby who was breached 4 weeks ago is now head down. We had a little scan and saw her cute face super clearly! My husband made it to the appt even though he has an extremely busy job, and we were both very excited about the whole thing.
    I also have low iron levels, so I started taking spatone and hopefully this helps with it all.

Our nursery is not finished, but if baby arrived tomorrow she'd be fine! I'm a designer and have been very excited about he whole project. I found 2nd hand furniture (cot and changing table) in perfect state on gumtree, am re using white expedite we had in the house, and am using a green and dark blue with tiny touched of grey. I have made a mobile in these colors, have a few bits and pieces in each. (I have the feeling it will be filled with pink over time).

Lan I have seen the most gorgeous photos of your theme on pinterest. It is very pretty! If you have an oxfam shop near you, they have the most gorgeous elephant fluffy toys made in Bali.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hope my little person moves back down it was down but today's scan it was laying across ways Lillaa definitely don't have a oxfam where I am do they have one in Brisbane? I will be heading there in a few weeks to make some final purchases

Thanks
    Reviews
    So great to see everyone is talking about how they are travelling.

AFM: 30 + 3 and had an ob appointment this afternoon. My little princess is sitting in breech and has been there for some time. I also have a low placenta that hasn't done much moving so we could be up for a c section. Having a scan in a week to get a better idea of exactly where it is sitting. Crossing my finger it moves but it's not looking likely.
    Her room is a bomb site. I've got bags if clothing to unpack and wash but it shouldn't take me too long to organise it all.
    Finishing work on July 4th and she is due 20th. Wishing I had organised to have more time off before she arrives.

Looking forward to reading up on everyone else.

Mieke

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lan, I have just checked their website and have discovered that you can actually buy the cute elephants online.
    I am unsure whether pasting links work here, in case not, google oxfam shop australia, then "soft toys" section and at present they have 2 colors available (the one I bought was in the blue-green)
    http://www.oxfamshop.org.au/musicandtoys/5560316

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mieke, how do you feel about the possibility of a C-section?

Both the nurse and Ob said this morning these things can still change. Are they sending you for an extra scan at 32 weeks to get that placenta checked?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Lillaa For This Useful Post:

mieke034  (15-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillaa View Post
    Mieke, how do you feel about the possibility of a C-section?

Both the nurse and Ob said this morning these things can still change. Are they sending you for an extra scan at 32 weeks to get that placenta checked?
    Hey lilaa,

My ob gave me the referral for the 32 week scan today. I am freaking out a little, who am I kidding I'm freaking out a lot. Being a ftm I wanted to try going natural but I guess as long as she arrives healthy it doesn't matter how she arrives.

Mieke

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hi ladies! Sounds like we're all getting to the business end if this whole pregnancy gig - not long now! I think that once you get to 30wks it just flies by.

I'm 30+3 today. I have had a cold for well over a week now and I think I may now have a sinus infection because my cheekbone and teeth are starting to hurt! If it's still like this tomorrow I'll have to go to the GP and see if I need antibiotics to get rid of it.

Other than that, I'm still getting lots of tightenings and ligament pain and my ribs ache by the end of the day. I'm trying really hard to enjoy this pregnancy but it's certainly hard at times. I finish work in 3 weeks (sooner if I can get handover done) so that will really help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay nice to see some action on here again!

Lan - Ohh hun I have been wondering how you are as haven't seen you on here in ages! Glad you are well darl. I'm sure your levels will rise once you start some tabs, make sure you look after yourself. Do you take a preg vitamin like Elevit? This would prob give you all you need daily.

June sounds really busy for you with your courses, GL! And hope bub moves from transverse posi, still plenty of time.

Lillaa - Your 2nd hand stuff sounds amazing!! I am constantly on the look out for restored pieces, I think they're beautiful. So glad the placenta isn't an issue anymore for you either huni.

Mieke - cheeky monkey sitting breech. I know it sounds hard but try not to freak out. With my DS turning breech at 32 weeks, there was just no turning back (although I had read and hoped having heard stories many bubs turn before labour). I tried everything to get him to turn but there was no budging him. I was so upset I wouldn't get the natural birth I had been prepping for, but honestly our C section was SUCH an amazing experience and being planned (not an emergency), it was so calm and exciting, and I recovered really quickly. Hoping it doesn't come to that for you but it can still be an amazing birth if it comes to that for you and yep, as long as bub arrives perfectly healthy that's what matters.

Cue - no good you are unwell babe, I think these bubs just suck all the goodness from us at times! I was never sick with my DS at all and had a great pregnancy, but this time have had gastro twice, and have just finished today my 3rd round of antibiotics on 5 weeks. I'm starting to think I won't be healthy 100% until it's actually born lol!!

Baby shower for me is June 1st, other than that being an at home Mum am lucky enough to be getting the nursery ready here and there but will have it finished in a couple of weeks which is exciting. Have been lucky enough to steal in naps here and there when DS is at Kindy and getting lots of rest before bub arrives.

Has anyone been having any Braxton Hicks?? I never experienced them with DS but have the last few days randomly been getting intense period like pain that spreads to all around my lower back, can last up to an hour or more at a time. Wondering if it is BH or just ligaments stretching out etc??

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Rozzie1976 For This Useful Post:

mieke034  (15-05-2014)