+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 65 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hospital has been absolutely amazing. I wasn't initially booked in here but as it's a high risk hospital and they take babies in the NICU from 24wks I had to come here as the other one is SCN from 32wks. Even if by some miracle I get to go home I'll still be coming back here to have the babies as the midwives have been exceptional, I know them all now as well as the processes of the hospital.

JJ is able to come in as she went through training to become a therapy dog so that I could take her to hospitals, nursing homes etc these facilities get dogs to come in to cheer up patients as having a dog around makes everyone feel better. She lights up the room when she walks in the nursing homes where I take her, people just want to sit and pat all day long! It's very rewarding and now selfishly I'm so glad I chose to get her trained so that she can visit me!! They have to go through a series of testing ie: rough handling, temperament testing, food aggression testing, loud noises, unusual objects etc she passed with flying colours 😃 Everyone (especially the midwives) are very excited to see her!

Thanks
    Reviews
    JB I am so happy to hear that you are doing well and keeping those babies tucked safely inside. That is so good that your dog can visit too. Which hospital are you at now?

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies! How was ur weekend?

So glad everything is going well in hospital for you JB keep those twins baking for as long as you can!!

AFM, I had a horrible weekend! I went home from work on Friday as I was on the verge of a migraine (couldn't see out of my left eye, I was disorientated and had a headache). I worked out I'd probably done too much during the week and I was just exhausted, I wasn't listening to my body at all!! I'm starting to get really exhausted again, need the afternoon nanna nap!! Feeling much better today which is the main thing

I hope you all had a better weekend than I did! Talk soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    JB - how wonderful. Did your friend manage to visit on the weekend as seh said she would?

Mona - Glad you're feeling better, look after yourself won't you and that precious cargo you're carrying! lol.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Rozzie1976 For This Useful Post:

Mona424  (06-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Soready I'm at Jessie McPherson. Was meant to be at Cabrini but they only take bubs from 32wks. I could transfer there if I make it but I won't, I'm used to everyone here, JJs allowed to visit and the girls in my room are lovely!

Rozzie no she didn't visit, I ended up telling her how I felt after she said she'd come in on Tuesday (last week) then changed her mind as she realized my DH wouldn't meet her bub... In my mind it shouldn't be about her showing off her baby it should have been about her supporting me. Anyway we still text each other and I will see her but now she is waiting for me to say when I'm ready and right now I'm now. I have had an amazing amount of support from other friends and my family so I'm not lacking in that department. 4 weeks tomorrow since I came in!

Had a scan today and babies are growing well - 1.35kgs each so a little ahead of schedule (average is 1kg for their gestation) just gotta keep doing what I'm doing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    How's everyone going? It's been very quiet this week.
    I'm 22 weeks now, and just starting to feel mo men as I've got anterior placenta!! I love feeling Bub's moving, it's just amazing, I can't wait to meet our pink/blue little miracle!! 😄

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's great they are taking good care of you there JB. I agree, don't think I would bother moving either if it's all working out there. Sorry to hear about your friend, hopefully it all works itself out soon.

Stephammer that's great news, starts to feel real then. I also have an anterior so got the first flutters around 22 weeks and proper kicks 24/25 weeks. I am now almost 32 weeks and have a rugby player on board I am sure the way he is moving about, there is no stopping him now.

How is everyone else doing? I can't believe we are in the countdown zone for the first arrivals! Eek

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    JB - so glad bubs are doing well. I think that is a good idea seeing her when you are ready and in the right frame of mind. As you say you have had support from many other loved friends and fam so that is wonderful

Soready & Steph - glad youa re both well. The thread has been super quiet lately!!

Wishing everyone a Happy Ma's Day tomorrow!!!

AFM at 28 weeks only 12 to go so 3rd trimester is here

I have an appt at the hosi next week with an Obst to discuss if they think I can try for a VBAC this time around. Won;t know if the low lying placenta has moved up until another 4.5 weeks at the 32 week scan so am hoping they wait until then to make a decision.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

We've all gone a little quiet lately... Whats everybody doing? How are the nurseries going?? Any plans for baby showers??? When are we starting our maternity leave???? Etc.

Lets get talking again ladies... I love reading what everyone has been up to. Makes this journey so much easier..

Mieke
    Last edited by mieke034; 14-05-2014 at 10:46. Reason: bad spelling lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Mieke - I know it has been super quiet lately hasn't it! Well I'm travelling ok, had a 28 week appt with the Obst at the hospital here yesterday to discuss my chances of being able to have a VBAC. And am SO excited as he said there is no reason I can't try naturally this time around!

The low lying placenta from 4 weeks ago is no longer an issue, and bub has apparently already turned head down and in a good position. Praying it stays that way as my DS turned breech but not until 32 weeks!

Hope everyone is going well

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Rozzie1976 For This Useful Post:

mieke034  (15-05-2014)