+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 65 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls!

JB, any news from your friend? Is she having a very hard time with her newborn maybe? How are you and Bubs going?

SoReady, that bump is quite something! You look really good! So do you Rozzie!

Have you guys switched to Maternity bras yet? If so when?
    I went in today and man, what a difference a good fitted bra makes! I am 26w today. Also got my first belly rub by a stranger today, Yuk!

We start our birthing classes this week, (DH is away for most of June). SHould be fun, I hope! I'll keep you updated!

Hope you girls are all doing fine!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lillaa For This Useful Post:

Rozzie1976  (29-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Lillaa I have just been in sports bras but I am only a small bra size so have found this most comfortable, will need to go get some nursing bras soon though.

Bub is finally back in the right position, head down and measuring on track but still with long legs, and we finally got a clear photo ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1398679530.612314.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Soready, this picture is super clear!! Very cute face!
    I'm glad to hear things are looking good with Baby! Have a good evening.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lilla I swapped to maternity bras around 20wks but now just in crop tops as much more comfortable when you're laying around all day! They do make a huge difference though that's for sure!

I did hear from my friend who I think got an attack of the guilts after DHs grandad unexpectedly passed away on Saturday she was going to come tomorrow but has now said Saturday so both DH & I can meet the baby but I'm sorry it's not all about us meeting the baby now it's about her being a supportive friend. She's got no clue! I'm telling her nicely how I feel and best to leave the catch up for a while, I just don't have the energy to deal with her right now. In comparison DHs best mate, wife & bub were in Melb for 3 days visiting from NSW and in that time they came to see me twice.. That's what friends do!

Soready your bump is amazing!! I can't wait to see you at 40wks! Such a clear photo - so incredible! Rozzie your bump is gorgeous think we need more bump photos...!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lillaa - Thanks huh. Haha had a giggle at the stranger rubbing your belly! I haven't had any strangers do this as yet! Ive been in maternity bras since around 18 weeks I guess, only because of comfort and my boobs went up a size. I am using the ones I still kept from DS (even though he is now 4!) but they are in great condition. If you're unsure the Elle McPherson "Maternelle" Maternity bras are the best I have ever come accross. A bit pricier but worth every cent due to comfort, ease to feed and are so pretty. The top is lovely so if you are wearing a lower cut tee it doesn't matter that the bra is showing as it looks a little like a cami top. I'll post a photo, comes in black, light pink and white I think. Zodee have them for $60.00 (read the reviews theyre amazing) but can often find on Ebay for around $35.00.

Soready - great clear photo!!!

JB - thanks hun, I agree more bump photos please! Hope your BF comes through and visits on the weekend for you

AFM I had my glucose test this morning, the hour wait went pretty quickly with a couple of good trashy mags! Glad to have it done now.

PS can't upload the photo for some reason but just google it Lillaa

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Jb - sorry to hear about your DHs grandfather I think your friend is a bit too wrapped up in her own stuff at the moment, hopefully she realises that you need her support.

The bumps are all looking great, I'll try to remember to take a photo when I get home. Mine is still fairly compact but it's getting there. It feels like it weighs a tonne though and I am so sore by the end of the day. I get really strong BH and my hips ache. I was not this uncomfortable when I was pregnant with DD!

Only 5 or 6 weeks left of work, can't wait to finish!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls,

How was everybody's week?
    Rozzie, thanks for all the info on bras! I got a Elle macphersen and 2 hotmilk ones. They feel fantastic and are all very pretty. The underpants are very confi as well. I have always been a bit jealous of my little sister who got great bubs while I never really had any , and these maternity bras I got are exactly the size she is normally. It is very silly but makes me feel great! DH did not know about the clip to release your boob for breast feeding, he got a bit shocked.

JB are you still in the hospital? Are the twins still ok in there?

Dh and I went to the hospital yesterday for our antenatal class. It was pretty good, learnt a few things, got a bit scared by the list of secondary effects of the epidural and the amount of patients that need an episiotomy (1/3!), who tear on their own (1/3 again). Did not get bothered by the video thanks to my addiction to "one born every minute". It we as pretty cool to see the other 19 couples going through the same things, but we didn't network much as we made the most of the break by jumping on food.

I'm sick in bed today, but baby is moving heaps so I'm not too scared for her.

Diabetes test on Monday.

Have a great weekend everyone and keep us posted on your updates!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Lillaa For This Useful Post:

Rozzie1976  (03-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Still in hospital - twins are going well, their heart rates get checked every day and get a growth scan every fortnight. Just taking it day by day - there's no answers for anything as to how long I'll be here - just hope it's as long as possible!!

I am now 28+1 now, did my diabetes test yesterday (12hr fasting and 3 BTs over 2 hrs) drink wasn't bad and I felt fine, although obviously I was laying down the whole home! Came back all good - was so happy!!

Also got approval yesterday for our dog (trained therapy dog) to come in and visit!! She's allowed to come twice a week for a couple of hours. It'll be so nice to see her!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jb2011 View Post
    Still in hospital - twins are going well, their heart rates get checked every day and get a growth scan every fortnight. Just taking it day by day - there's no answers for anything as to how long I'll be here - just hope it's as long as possible!!

I am now 28+1 now, did my diabetes test yesterday (12hr fasting and 3 BTs over 2 hrs) drink wasn't bad and I felt fine, although obviously I was laying down the whole home! Came back all good - was so happy!!

Also got approval yesterday for our dog (trained therapy dog) to come in and visit!! She's allowed to come twice a week for a couple of hours. It'll be so nice to see her!
    JB that is wonderful they allow your fur baby to visit? How? I wonder if that's allowed here in WA?

The twins are very lucky already all that love and care. The hospy sounds great!!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    JB - I agree your hospital sounds amazing!! So lovely you get to see the fur bubs soon I would be super excited too . Glad they are looking after you so well hun.

Lillaa - no worries, glad you found some pretty ones you like darls. And that's great about the antenatal classes. We attended a day course (or weekend now can;t remember) here at the hosi when I was pregnant with DS 4 yrs ago and found it so informative and interesting. He turned breech at 32 weeks so never got to have the natural birth I hoped for (hoping for a VBAC this time around) and had to have a Cesarean with him.

I know what you mean about the info on tears, etc etc. Many of my friends who have had a C section and a vaginal birth can't understand why I don't want to book in for another Cesarean! They scare me a little with the stories and claim nothing will be the same "down there" again . I had a GREAT experience with my schadeueled Cesarean and recovered so quickly with no abd side effects at all from the spinal block so don't be too worried about an epidural if you chose one.

I also had heard mots of places don;t like to perform episiotomies anymore as they can take much longer to repair and there is much higher risk of infection, and taht they prefer you to tear (eeek if you are going to) on your won as opposed to cutting you? God makes me cringe thinking about it!!

Anyway have a great weekend ladies,...AFM we have a nice quiet weekend planned...also got my Glucose Test results today and no Gestational Diabetes which is great news