+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 65 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh no! Well I guess This will help me getting used to waking up so much for when she's here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lillaa - Haha you took the words right out of my mouth hun, was going to say bub is getting you in practice for the sleepless nights ahead soon!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Rozzie1976 For This Useful Post:

Lillaa  (24-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies,

Still reporting from my hospital bed. All going well here, just very grateful everyday I'm here as it means the babies are still safely inside me!

I have a question for you... On the day I was admitted to hospital my (so called) best friend also went into hospital and gave birth to her first baby. I told her 2 days later that I was in hospital and the reason why as obviously I couldn't visit her in hospital. It's now been 2 weeks since she had the baby and she still hasn't come to visit me although has been on multiple trips out with bubs including a 4hr new born photo shoot. She keeps telling me she hasn't been to visit me because she can't drive (c-section) yet her husband has been driving her everywhere as he isn't working at the moment. She then told my DH she hasn't been yet as she needs to get permission from her doctor to bring the baby to a hospital & as yet has not done that. Is it just me or is that total BS?? I'm in a private maternity hospital surrounded by newborns and antenatal patients (women holding on to their bubs)

Don't get me wrong I understand having a new baby is a busy, tiring time as everything gets worked out but I just don't understand her excuses?! Especially when she's been out & about many times since baby was born. I know if roles were reversed I would have been into see her ASAP and if I was worried about my baby going to a hospital (which I wouldn't be) then I'd leave bubs with dad to go for a walk near the hospital so I could go and support my friend. Very interested to hear your thoughts... Hope you don't mind me asking!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jb2011 View Post
    Hi ladies,

Still reporting from my hospital bed. All going well here, just very grateful everyday I'm here as it means the babies are still safely inside me!

I have a question for you... On the day I was admitted to hospital my (so called) best friend also went into hospital and gave birth to her first baby. I told her 2 days later that I was in hospital and the reason why as obviously I couldn't visit her in hospital. It's now been 2 weeks since she had the baby and she still hasn't come to visit me although has been on multiple trips out with bubs including a 4hr new born photo shoot. She keeps telling me she hasn't been to visit me because she can't drive (c-section) yet her husband has been driving her everywhere as he isn't working at the moment. She then told my DH she hasn't been yet as she needs to get permission from her doctor to bring the baby to a hospital & as yet has not done that. Is it just me or is that total BS?? I'm in a private maternity hospital surrounded by newborns and antenatal patients (women holding on to their bubs)

Don't get me wrong I understand having a new baby is a busy, tiring time as everything gets worked out but I just don't understand her excuses?! Especially when she's been out & about many times since baby was born. I know if roles were reversed I would have been into see her ASAP and if I was worried about my baby going to a hospital (which I wouldn't be) then I'd leave bubs with dad to go for a walk near the hospital so I could go and support my friend. Very interested to hear your thoughts... Hope you don't mind me asking!
    I can see why your upset, I would feel the same way you are! Last year I lost my baby the same day my best friend had her baby and I still managed to make it to the hospital to see her. Afterwards she struggled with PND but as she was feeling better wanted me to come around. I eventually had to ask her to come and see me because we had sold our car to fund our next ivf round. All I got were excuses however she managed to see other friends and go over to their places. Then the other day was her sons first birthday. I couldn't go for a reason and told her. After his party she sent me a txt message telling me that I was pushing everyone because I hate the world for having to go through ivf. She said it wasn't her fault she was able to fall pregnant straight away and that I had to have ivf. Apparently I was also going to spend the rest of my life alone.

So I know exactly what you mean. I've haven't spoken to her since and she keeps asking my sister why?? I wonder hey?? Maybe because I'm finally happy and I don't want ppl like her ruining this experience for me!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mona424 For This Useful Post:

Jb2011  (26-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh ladies, horrid stories. I agree though JB, if she is nervous about having a newborn visit a hospital then leave the baby with hubby, even just for half an hour while she pops in to check on you.
    My dh went out with some of the boys last night who were saying they are glad they will be spending more time with us again now. We too missed out on invitations to things last year, purely because we were the only ones without a baby. I think sometimes people just don't know how to act around us IVFers. They feel bad showing they are happy to have their baby and guilty if they complain how hard it is. Sometimes I think they think it's just easier to stay away. It makes it terribly hard on us as it's nice to have the support but in the end they just don't get it unfortunately.

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SoReady For This Useful Post:

Jb2011  (26-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    JB - glad to hear you are still travelling ok in hosi (despite possible boredom!) and bubbies staying put for now

So sorry you are dealing with that especially from a so called best Friend. I agree with Soready, she could always pop in on her own for even half an hour. I'm still confused as to why she needs permission to bring a newborn into a hospital??? But hope she comes around quickly and visits you soon x

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Rozzie1976 For This Useful Post:

Jb2011  (26-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your thoughts ladies. In very glad you agree with me and Mona I'm sorry you went through a bad time with your friend too. People are SO strange! This particular friend was TTC for 3 years and also ended up doing IVF so she should be able to relate to me to a degree but yet at the moment it's all about her, which to a degree I understand but at the same time there's no way I'd let a friend down in a time like this. She messaged me a couple of times and I didn't reply, she then messaged DG to find out if I was ok (why she couldn't have called me I don't understand? If she's that concerned call!) then last night she messaged me again saying they are "aiming to visit next week if all goes according to plan" quite frankly I don't want to see her right now... I'm past her excuses as it's BS really... Is that wrong of me?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    JB sorry been trying to reply but have been on phone. It isn't nice when a friend lets you down. Can you give her a call and tell her how you feel?

She could at least drop you a coffee and a muffin whilst her DH waits in the car with bub. Thats what I would do. Is she paranoid about hospitals maybe? Hopefully she has good reasoning as BF's are so hard to come by and I hope this doesn't break your friendship.

I totally understand your hurt though I would be pretty annoyed to.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to LoCo For This Useful Post:

Jb2011  (26-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    JB - I really hope she does visit next week. Hopefully she will completely surprise you and prove you wrong shortly hun, it's awful not having your BF in times like this when you need them x

AFM here is a progress shot, 26 weeks one taken last night before a friend's bday dinner and the other this morning. 26 weeks.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cute bump Rozzie

Here's one I took on Friday, 29 weeks 2 days... Still not slowing down, I can't even imagine another 10 weeks time ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1398565155.330220.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

16. The Following User Says Thank You to SoReady For This Useful Post:

Rozzie1976  (27-04-2014)