+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 65 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Rozie how did your scan go?

JB what are the news?

Afm had an ob appt on Wednesday. He was lovely as always, everything is good with bub and me. We got to see her on his scan. She looks great, measuring a week ahead. She is currently breached and my placenta is still low. I'm secretly hoping none of this changes as I'm leaning towards a c section. DH took the half day off to come with me. Then we moved all the furniture around and started setting up the nursery. Very exciting!

Have a lovely long weekend!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies,

Just living day by day in here! 26 weeks today. I've had a steady flow of visitors since I arrived so days go by quickly with people coming and going and have recurred so many gifts, flowers, packages etc I'm definitely not going to starve! Still haven't told everyone as not everyone needs to know at once plus lots of visitors can be tiring!!

Thanks for checking in on me ladies. I'm surviving!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jb2011 For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (17-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lillaa - heh hun, thank you so much for asking. Bub is growing well, around a week behind my due date but she said up to 7-10 days is considered normal as not all bubs are the same size, etc. So hoping things continue to plod along at this pace .

The Sonographer also said my placenta was still lying low (not previa but still low) so mustn't have moved up at all in 4 weeks since my last scan . Don;t understand why as there is plenty of room in there for it to move. I am really hoping it has moved by the next scan at 32 weeks. Apparently only around 1 in 200 don't so fingers crossed. Bub is also lying kind of transverse at the moment.

My 1st turned into the breech posi at 33 weeks (can remember when it happened and at that stage boy did it hurt feeling him turn!) and never turned back so he was a schedueled cesarean.

Can I ask (if you don't mind sharing of course), why you are hoping for a C-section and not a natural birth? Feel free to ask me any questions re my Cesarean it was a great experience.

JB - Glad you aren't climbing the walls yet!! I will have to go back and read your prev posts, but is this an indefinite stay? Sorry if that is already answered. Glad you are getting lots of love and visitors whist in there

Thanks
    Reviews
    Loco - heh hun. I just read you are having a booked CS. Did you have to have a CS with your 1st?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rozzie, with your first in breech did they try to turn him for you? I have heard this is an option but can be quite painful? I would really love to avoid a cs if possible but the strange position mine is in at the moment puts me at risk of needing one. Hopefully he turns on his own but wondering if anyone has had the OB try and turn a bub before?

I can't believe it is almost May, starting to feel real! The end is in sight.

JB I am glad to hear you are doing well, a shame you couldn't be home for a Easter but glad you are keeping busy and it's not dragging too much.

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    SoreReady my bub was transverse 2 weeks ago (although not in a weird possie like yours), then on wed at the ob's she was head down bum up spine running along past my belly button, I'm 28 weeks & I think they can still move around a bit for a while yet, don't stress!
    I have been having some brown spotting for the last 3 days, luckily had a regular ob app the day it started & he is not worried about it at all, everything was good but it's still a bit scary! Using the long weekend as an excuse to put my feet up.
    I am a bit jealous of you girls who are setting up your nurseries already! We are currently building & the house is supposed to be ready mid June, so everything has to stay packed up for the move. Not looking forward to moving at 37 weeks pregnant!

Thanks
    Reviews
    The girl next to me is also having twins and her doc came in this morning and he said twins can still move until 32-34 weeks so there's lots of hope for all of you yet who want their bubs to move, if twins can until 34 weeks then I'm sure single bubs can too!!

I currently have 1 head down and 1 breech so at this stage definitely a c-section for me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Soready - hi hun how are you? We were told we could try and have him turned (we would have had to travel to the nearest bigger hospital which was a 6 hr round trip). The drive didn't bother me at all as I was so desperate to have the natural birth I had been preparing for all those months!! But Dh was pretty against it and I just really didn't like 'messing with nature' so to speak. I figured if he didn't turn back there must be a reason for it.

I did though google 20 ways to turn a breech baby (naturally) and actually tried all 20!! Including handstands in the pool, acupuncture, a chiro technique called the Webster technique which has had success, lying on an ironing board against the couch with feet up the top end (yes, i actually tried it..ridiculous!) and the many other ways too, but no luck.

I could feel him trying to turn after he had gone breech but he could never fully quite make it, was painful at times as I could almost feel him sideways trying! But would slip back to breech.

After he was born, the Surgeon said he had a short cord so probably couldn't have turned despite all my efforts trying. I fetl so bad for all the things I had attempted! (but wasn't to know), so was then so relieved I hadn't tried to have him turned via ECV.

BUT I have heard success stories of breech bubs being turned, just bear in mind you have around a 42% chance of bub turning back to a breech posi if you go through with an ECV and successfully turn bub into a heads down posi. I too have heard it is painful and usually done around 36 weeks or closer to full term.

How many weeks are you now?? Because mine turned breech so late in the pregnancy didn't help, but if you still have a while there's no reason bub can't turn back on it's own yet if plenty of room to move.

Rosey - omg you poor thing moving at 37 weeks pregnant!! Just keep thinking of that little bundle you will be able to bring home to the new house. We moved when pregnant with DS but i was only around 22 weeks and that was bad enough! Feel for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Rozzie, thanks for the info. I am 28 weeks now, baby is transverse and posterior and stuck up under my ribs. He was head down at the 20 week scan but been transverse since 23 weeks. There is still plenty of time for him to move but OB is checking me again in 10 days to see if there has been any change but she has already raised the risk of needing at cs which I would love to avoid. Only time will tell I guess.
    I hope you are well x

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Soready - anytime darls. My guess is that at 28 weeks like you say, still plenty of time to move yet. Fingers xd for you hun.