+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 65 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 90Bayside View Post
    Hi ladies. Dropping in quickly again to say jot only are we back in the game.....but it's twins!! Who would have thought!
    Wow congratulations bayside - welcome to the twins club I see you transferred one - so am guessing they are identical? or a natural conception as well?? It's fun cooking 2 babies x

There's a (sort of) twins thread happening - there are 3 of us in there - http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...ge5&highlight= - might see you there xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Congrats bayside!!! Twins!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 90Bayside View Post
    Hi ladies. Dropping in quickly again to say jot only are we back in the game.....but it's twins!! Who would have thought!
    Congrats

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fifomum, I have a close friend who recently went through a similar situation to yours although at a later time in her pregnancy. She was about 34 weeks when her baby suddenly dropped from about the 75th percentile to the 25th. The baby was healthy with no distress and they didnt know why it happened. She continued to drop into the 13th percentile. The baby was born naturally at 37 weeks and she had a straight forward 3 hour labour and her little girl is perfect. Sometimes baby's just don't follow our text book rules. All the best for your next appointment, let us know how you get on

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations Bayside that's wonderful news Hope you have a happy and healthy pregnancy

Thanks for your reply Maggieme, I have read so many situations where this happens around 32-34 weeks and having this happen this early is very scary. But I am trying to think positive and just be greatful Ob sent me for that extra growth scan or we wouldn't know. At least now we can keep a very close eye on things and make sure she is ok.

So happy to be having this little girl but just wish I could fast forward 3 months and have her safely in my arms. I havn't stopped worrying this whole pregnancy as I have a really irritable uterus that keeps putting me in hospital or on bed rest, have had episodes of unexplained bleeding right from the beginning, and now her growth looking iffy ahhh.

Wouldn't it be lovely if after the stress of IVF we could just relax and enjoy growing our little miracles!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fifomum it would be lovely indeed. I'm sorry I have no idea or advice about your situation. When will you be able to chat to your ob about it ?

Congrats bayside!! Awesome news!

Not much happening here. Dh is home for the weekend for the first time in 3 weeks and it's lovely to actually spend time together. It warms my heart so much to see how excited he is about this baby. It is an amazing link to be sharing with your live one.

Are you all going to get a bassinet and a cot? The cot we bought can fit our room so I don't see the point of a bassinet. What do you think? Is there any other reason for a bassinet than space in your room?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lillaa does your DH work away? Mine is FIFO, at the moment 4 weeks away 1 week home, it is tough! He has a new job starting up around June though which will be 3 weeks on/3 off. Can't wait!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fifomum no he works in Perth, but long hours, and sometimes nights and we. 4weeks on 1 week off is tough! I bet you can't wait for the change! It is going to change your life, and he 3 weeks he's here will be fantastic for you and bubs!

Got to cuddle a 8 weeks old little girl and a 6 months old boy yesterday, loved it and can not wait to cuddle mine!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Ladies,

Just a bit of an in-laws vent here... So they have been saying they want to be involved with all baby related things but not actually doing or showing any sign of involvement ie: ringing me after scans, general text to see how I am going, buying something here or there etc etc then early March my Mum sent out a save the date for afternoon tea (my version of a baby shower!) they have now just decided they are going on a trip and booked their tickets which brings them home 5 days after the afternoon tea so my Mother in Law will miss it.

I am surprisingly annoyed at them for doing this because they said they want to be involved but then decide to do this (when they have had since september when my FIL retired to organise the trip and they have known since mid-nov that I am pregnant and by June we are getting to the business end!)

Am I entitled to be annoyed? or am I overreacting (hormones?!) I think I am actually upset for DH as they just aren't showing the "normal" levels of excitement and in comparison to my Mum who is OVER THE MOON! They are the first grandchildren for both sides of the family.

Thanks for listening ladies
    xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jb2011 View Post
    Hi Ladies,

Just a bit of an in-laws vent here... So they have been saying they want to be involved with all baby related things but not actually doing or showing any sign of involvement ie: ringing me after scans, general text to see how I am going, buying something here or there etc etc then early March my Mum sent out a save the date for afternoon tea (my version of a baby shower!) they have now just decided they are going on a trip and booked their tickets which brings them home 5 days after the afternoon tea so my Mother in Law will miss it.

I am surprisingly annoyed at them for doing this because they said they want to be involved but then decide to do this (when they have had since september when my FIL retired to organise the trip and they have known since mid-nov that I am pregnant and by June we are getting to the business end!)

Am I entitled to be annoyed? or am I overreacting (hormones?!) I think I am actually upset for DH as they just aren't showing the "normal" levels of excitement and in comparison to my Mum who is OVER THE MOON! They are the first grandchildren for both sides of the family.

Thanks for listening ladies
    xx
    In-laws can be challenging! Maybe they'll get more excited when the bubs arrive.

I would be a bit peeved too, a call to see how you're going isn't hard.

Could it be possible that they feel a little excluded or uncomfortable with your family being so excited? I know my mum tends to distance herself when she feels like DHs family are kind of taking over a bit.