+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Second Adoption

Hi all,

We have been blessed to have adopted a little girl and now hope to give her a little sibling. Because we can't have children ( the good ol' fashion way)we were going to see if we would be lucky enough again to adopt for the second time.
    Just checking if anyone has been down this path already. We are not sure if we have to go through the whole process or if there is a "condensed" version second time round.
    Keen to hear anyone's thoughts and experiences.
    Cheers, Macks

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Macks For This Useful Post:

Penny Dreadful  (06-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Are you in Vic? If so, you won't be able to apply until after legalisation and after your daughters 2nd birthday. The application process is the same, Medicals, references, Life story (although you wil just add to the one you have already written), there will be Social Worker interviews, panel approval etc.

Hope that helps : )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Guys. I just joined the forum and wanted to say hi. Mummatolilg are you in Vic? I just wondered if there were many difference for adoption from state to state. Congratulation Mack's I hope the 2nd goes smoothly for u too. We also haven't been able to conceive naturally. We are just looking into adoption in brisbane for the first time. Just wondering how long it takes? X

Thanks
    Reviews
    sunnydsy I am in Brisbane too and want to adopt. Do you know where I can go to, to apply for adoption?
    Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews

Smile Queensland local adoption

Hi Lighter,

We adopted a little one through the QLD local program. Check the Department of Communities website. Book in for an information session. Don't be put off by it! Put in an expression of interest form. Be through with the form, it's the information that will assist the Department in choosing who goes through assessment.

its stressful but worth it. Good luck! Penny

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Penny

How long did it take you before you were accepted a child?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Lighter,

Each situation is unique and depends on the children placed for adoption. We were placed quite quickly after we were placed on the prospective adoptive parents register. There isn't a timeframe as such, some people may be placed in 2 weeks, 2 months, 2 years or may not get placed.

Cheers,
    Penny.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, just wanting to update you all since I started this thread and really keen to put some positive messages out there about adoption as I know there is so much out there that is negative.
    We are quite literally in our car heading home with our new bubba girl after a week long transition with her foster carer.
    This is our second adoption, our two girls are sitting in the back seat of the car and looking back at them I can't help but feel we are truly blessed...twice.
    Agree with Penny, stay positive and trust that it will happen for you!
    X

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Macks For This Useful Post:

bezzy  (13-06-2016),Penny Dreadful  (06-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Macks that is awesome! Congratulations and how very exciting.

We have just been placed on the adoptive parents register again too.

Penny