+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32404142
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BH-KatiesMum View Post
    30th June – REST !!!!
    If you have managed everything so far … CONGRATULATIONS !!! … if not, today is the day to catch up. Even if you don’t, well done for the spring (well, winter) cleaning. Your house thanks you for it.

I got lost after day 8. Any chance for a summary if the remainder of tasks for the month so I can catch up?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just wanted to say a big thank you KatiesMum for this challenge! I managed to get all of the tasks done and I'm feeling much better about the state of my house - now to just try and keep it this way!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to decemberbubba For This Useful Post:

BH-KatiesMum  (30-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay!!!! Thanks Katie's Mum! You're amazing. :-D

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Acadaca For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    So I didn't post throughout this challenge however I followed along as best I could and nearly every cupboard and drawer in our house has been organised in June yay. It even motivated me to literally change rooms around and make my daughter her 'big girl' room (new bed and furniture).
    So thanks for this challenge and the motivation it gave me.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Isabellabean For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Thanks @BH-KatiesMum! I haven't done much of the challenge as its hard enough having time to make dinner & washing the nappies let alone find a spare 20 mins but thanks for the inspiration!

You should do a 2min challenge for next month

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Thank you so much to everyone who took part (and those who just read along and offered encouragement.

It has been a good challenge, and my house is so much happier for it

@Allie Pallie - summary of the challenges

Spring Clean Your Home Challenge

1St June – A great way to start ... a small de-clutter.
    Walk around the house and find 20 things that you don’t need, use or want to freecycle.

2nd June – Pantry
    Go through your pantry/food cupboard. Clear out, throw out expired stuff, wipe down shelves and re-organise.

3rd June – Fridge
    Clear out anything that needs to be ditched. Wipe down shelves, give the crispers a good clean. For a lovely fresh smell in your fridge, leave open some vanilla - or half a lemon. Its so lovely to open the fridge when its freshly cleaned and smells nice.

4th June – Freezer
    Yep, its time to throw out anything that is old and freezer burnt. Defrost, refresh your ice trays, clear out those peas that everyone has in the back corner .. and stack it all neatly.

5th June – Microwave
    Take the tray out of the microwave and give the whole thing a great clean.

6th June – Clean Oven
    A horrible task, but its so much nicer when your oven is all sparkly.

Remember though – this is supposed to be a 20 minute challenge. So, if your oven is going to take more than that, just do a bit.

7th June – Plastics Cupboard
    Time to have a clean out of all the stuff with no lids, re-organise so that you can actually find things, and so that it doesn’t all fall out when you open the cupboard.

8th June – Rest Day
    After cleaning all week … today is a rest day.

9th June – Cutlery and Utensil Drawers
    Take everything out and give the drawer a wipe down. Toss anything you don’t use or that is broken.

10th June – Other Cupboards
    We have done food, plastics and cutlery already … now its time for all the other cupboards or drawers. Glasses and cups, pots, plates, dishes and other stuff … take them all out, wipe down the cupboard, toss anything that isn’t needed any more and re-organise.

11th June – Wipe down cupboards, skirtings and kickboards – and finish any cupboards from yesterday
    We have done the inside of the cupboards – now its time for the outside. Wipe down all the cupboards, skirtings and kickboards in the kitchen. Now your kitchen should hopefully be all sparkly and clean

12th June – ‘Behind and Under’
    Clean out behind your washing machine, under your fridge, the space under your tv cabinet … all the dust and grime as well as the jam sandwich that junior shoved there that the dog cant reach.

13th June – Laundry Cupboard
    Time to clear out the laundry cupboard. Any old or expired chemicals need to be disposed of carefully. Re-organise .. with old plastic containers or if you can, some pretty new ones.

14th June – Bathroom Vanity
    If you have 2 bathrooms – then 2 vanity’s :P
    Time to ditch those 5 shampoo bottles that are nearly finished (or add them all into one and use them as bath bubble).

15th June – Rest Day

16th June – Linen Cupboard
    Clear out anything unused or unneeded (Hubbers suggest contacting your local animal shelter or RSPCA to donate old linen), re fold and re organise.

17th June – Windows and Window Sills
    Vacuum all the bugs and grime from window sills and fittings.

Give the windows a wash or wipe - remember though, this is only supposed to be 20 or 30 minutes, so just do what you can. A full wash of every window in the house isn’t going to happen .

18th June – Wipe down Doors and Walls
    Wipe down all the doors, and any walls that need wiping … this is just a spot clean, not a full sugar soap washing.

19th June – Clothes Cupboards – Part I
    Today is yours and your partners. We have a 2 year rule in my house .. anything that has not been worn in 2 years is tossed. (This obviously doesn’t apply to my clothes, only DH’s :lol ).

20th June – Clothes Cupboards – part II
    Kids !!! Bag up for storage/donation/friends any clothes that don’t fit. Put away all the summer stuff if you haven’t already. Reorganise whatever you can … it will only last a day before the kids trash it again … but for that 1 day it will be lovely.

21st June – Shoes !!!!
    Go through the whole families shoe’s, tossing anything too worn or that doesn’t fit.

22nd June – Rest Day

23rd June – Kids crafts / artwork / schoolwork
    Sort through the art and craft stuff you have. Decide what important works your children have completed that needs to be saved. For the creations you don’t have space for … take a photo of them, and you can keep the memory without the dust. (if your child is a crafty type, print the photo’s for an art gallery/photo album)

24th June - Toys!!!!
    Time to clear out the toy cupboard. Anything unused, broken or grown out of to get tossed, donated or handed down. If this is a big job – just do a little part of it. Remember – this is a 20 minute challenge, so if it’s a big job, pick a smaller part.

25th June – Toys Part 2 - Out-door time
    If you have a toy room, it might take more than 20 minutes … so today is day 2 to do the toy room. If not, then today is the day to clean up any outside toys, sweep paths/paving, wash down climbing equipment, clean out cubby, wipe leaves off trampoline … whatever you have.

26th June – Dusting
    For those extra little spots that never seem to get dusted. The mantlepeice, top of the heater, top of the speakers or the china cupboard … all those hard to reach places.

27th June – 10 Minute Rubbish Pick Up
    Inside or out, walk around your house and pick up any rubbish, throw out any clutter that you no longer need. Today is a good day for that junk shelf, office, spare room, desk or spot that accumulates “stuff”

28th June – Filing
    File away those important documents .. warranties, insurance, bank statements, tax returns, manuals etc

29th June – Car
    Wash the car and vacuum the inside.

30th June – REST !!!!
    If you have managed everything so far … CONGRATULATIONS !!! … if not, today is the day to catch up. Even if you don’t, well done for the spring (well, winter) cleaning. Your house thanks you for it.

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    And watch out tommorrow for July's challenge

its much easier than this one I promise

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks katiesmum! I took the car through the car wash today so can tick that off! Missed a couple of challenges along the way but still pretty proud of my efforts . Although I will have to redo the microwave - it only took a few days for someone to splatter something orange in there!

Me - 30, Dh - 38 ttc #1 since June 2011
    natural bfp June 2012 - mc 5.5 weeks; 5 cycles clomid; 2 unsuccessful ivf.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am a bit late, but just wanted to say thanks for this challenge KatiesMum!! I didn't manage all that much in comparison to others but it has motivated me and I plan to follow through - just taking a bit longer than a month.