+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 42 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast
    BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Monnie it is hard to get the motivation. I am flagging a bit today certainly

this might help ...

logo1.jpg

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Ok today is catch up day apart from oven

Plus attempt to get my washing under control

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Today was catch-up day for me too. Keep forgetting to take before shots, but here are the afters:

Plastics:

plastics.JPG

Corner/ under cooktop cupboards:

cornercupboard.JPG undercooktop.JPG

Utensil drawers:

utensils1.JPG utensils2.JPG

utensils3.JPG utensils4.JPG

4. The Following User Says Thank You to decemberbubba For This Useful Post:

BH-KatiesMum  (10-06-2014)

AdornedWithCats is online now Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    All our cupboards & draws are clean & sorted as we just moved. I'll have to check the skirting boards etc later if DS gives me a chance.

Anyone know where you can donate your 'whitegood cemetery'? We have a few things we have never used. I like cooking with my hands.

My microwave was lovely and clean...until i exploded some fish in it last night. Oops!

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

AdornedWithCats is online now Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Also...are the silicon mats for the oven safe in a gas oven?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by AdornedWithCats View Post
    Also...are the silicon mats for the oven safe in a gas oven?

Yes

8. The Following User Says Thank You to DesperatelySeekingSleep For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (11-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    12th June – ‘Behind and Under’

Clean out behind your washing machine, under your fridge, the space under your tv cabinet … all the dust and grime as well as the jam sandwich that junior shoved there that the dog cant reach.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BH-KatiesMum For This Useful Post:

Acadaca  (11-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've dropped the ball on the last couple of challenges!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Today I did the under sink cupboard, shelves in chopping block where I keep the crockery, sorted the medicine/ toiletries baskets and outsides of cupboards and kickboards got a wipe down. Not looking forward to the under and behind task!
    Last edited by decemberbubba; 11-06-2014 at 15:36.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to decemberbubba For This Useful Post:

BH-KatiesMum  (11-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    9 quick ways to keep the house tidy when you’re busy

By The Bubhub Crew Wednesday, June 11th, 2014

Have you ever had the clutter just get out of hand?

When you’ve finally got more than five minutes to tidy up the house and you find the cupboards are already full? Even if you do have space to put away the mess, housework can get away from you in the blink of an eye.

We’ve compiled some tips from real mums in the forum to help ease your cleaning woes.
    1. Put aside a few days (maybe free up a weekend or, if you work, take some days off) – to do a complete overhaul of all the things cluttering up your house. Go room by room with 3 boxes – keep, donate, or throw away – and then sort all the things in each room into the relevant box. Anything that you haven’t used in a year gets turfed (whether donate or throw away), and useful items are stored in an appropriate place that becomes “its place”. If the kids are old enough, they can help with this too!
    2. Hire a cleaner for a day or two to help with a big spring clean so it doesn’t all fall on your shoulders. After this, you can get away with maintaining the tidiness each day, rather than having to clean it all yourself.
    3. Only clean one room each day. On a busy day clean the smaller, quicker rooms. When you have more time, clean the bigger, messier rooms. This way you don’t get bored doing it all at once – which often turns into not doing it at all.
    4. Make sure everything goes back in “its place” as soon as you are done using it. This will help declutter benches or tables, where things usually get stored when not in their rightful place.
    5. Whenever you leave a room, take something out that doesn’t belong there. You won’t be going out of your way to tidy up, and it doesn’t take long to put it in the right place.
    6. Just throw kids’ toys and all their bits and pieces all in one big box. They’re never going to stay sorted into different places for very long.
    7. Keep baby wipes everywhere. If you find yourself in a room where the surfaces are looking dirty, having handy baby wipes will allow for quick cleaning without too much fuss.
    8. Clean up as you go – don’t leave plates on the bench after a meal, whack them straight in the dishwasher or wash them up. Also, finish the laundry in one sitting. Don’t bring in clean washing and then leave it waiting to be folded and put away – do it! Spreading the jobs out over multiple cleaning sessions makes it seem like they are so much harder to do.
    9. Cook big meals when you have time, so you can freeze the leftovers to eat virtually mess-free when you’re busy. This will save on washing up pots, pans, and utensils from cooking all over again.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BH-KatiesMum For This Useful Post:

Bellefirexxx  (12-06-2014),Farmboys  (13-06-2014)