+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Induction stories please

The good and the bad.....well maybe not so much the bad haha

I will most likely be induced at 37-38 weeks due to GD
    All my previous births I went over 40 weeks and only needed a s&s to get things going naturally. So would like to hear some induction stories please.

I was told I would most likely have the gel or tape, then waters broken the next morning if nothing starts from that. So any stories with that type of induction would be perfect too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    How many Bub have you had?
    It makes a difference.
    I have had the great, the good and the bad.
    Last edited by LoveLivesHere; 01-03-2014 at 15:50.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This will be bub #4
    first time with GD

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was induced due to being over. Gel inserted in evening, waters broke naturally 3 hours later. In the morning drip was inserted, contractions 2 minutes apart lasting 30sec-1 minute. Took 4 hrs to go from 3-5cm then 2hrs to go 5-10cm.
    I had an epi at 5cm as I panicked that I wouldn't have enough energy to last. Total labour was apparently 17hrs.
    First baby

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I had gel no 1. Great easy birth

Drip with no 3 after waters had broken and labour stopped. Good birth

I had the cervidil tampon (gel like stuff that they remove in a hurry). Because he was my 6th Bub they couldn't use the gel because of the risk of hypo stimulation.
    I did end up with hypo stimulation and it was removed. It was a horrible. I won't into great detail. As i understand the risks of this happening for a four birth is a lot lower than a 6th.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

MyboysMylife  (01-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was induced at 41+6 4 weeks ago.

Lucky for me I only needed the gel.

They put it in, 5 mins later I had period pain, 10 mins later mild contractions started and within an hour ( of very mild contractions) I was put in the birthing suite as I felt like I needed to push. 1hr 19 mins later DS2 was born.

I was scared of being induced, my labour, although very quick, was pretty intense (contractions close together from the beginning) but generally I have fast labours anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SAgirl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I was induced with #3 at 38+6wks due to IDGD (they wanted 38wks but I made then wait longer).

I had a s&s at 38wks and 38+5 with no luck.

Of the morning of my induction I was 2-3cm dilated, high posterior cervix that was only partially effaced. I got the gels at 1030am and had to wait 6hrs for reassessment. Nothing happened.

About 30min before they reassessed me the ctg started showing mild 5min contractions. At the point I was 3-4cm dialated and my cervix had only moved forward a small amount. They didn't want to give me more gels in case this overstimulated my uterus, so I had my waters broken at 430pm.

I started getting mild contractions at 500 but they were strong enough to time at 530pm. They werent really painful, just very strong.

At 630pm I threw up (sign of transition) and started feeling like I needed to push. After 30min at 7pm I realised she was stuck so the midwife did an internal and I had an anterior cervical lip. She help the lip with the next contraction and bub passed over it. She had flipped posterior from all the laying down on the ctg during the day. She was born at 717pm. My labour was 1hr47min long (would have been quicker if I realised she was stuck earlier). The pain got to 8/10 with the contractions (I huffed on the gas a lot). It was less painful than my first birth, more painful than my second birth. It wasn't a bad experience.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to IndigoJ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Any more?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was induced with DS at 40+3. Had the gel inserted and was left over night. Started with cramps and then had my waters broken at 7:30am the next day. Contractions came on straight away and were strong enough to avoid the drip. I had an epidural cocktail but knowing me I would have had one regardless of the induction. Epi wore off when I was fully dilated so I could feel when to push which was great! DS was born at 1:30pm.

Overall a wonderful birthing experience.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to PippaG For This Useful Post:

MyboysMylife  (02-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would question if the induction is necessary, and what the risks and benefits are to baby for leaving them to choose their own birthday AND the risks and benefits of inducing birth at an early gestation, when you naturally have 40 + week pregnancies.