+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 45 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning lovely people.

Im having a fed up day today. Im so sick of doing this ivf crap. We decided we would go for donor eggs next round because I get so sick at epu.

Am I giving up? My husband says its my body and its up to me but I cant help but feel like im letting him down. But we are those unlucky ones that can only get one normal embryo, let alone any frosties. So each round costs $13500.

There a bloke I work with and him and his wife did 10 rounds..... I say 10 rounds but im my opinion thats crap. They had 10 transfers sure... but only 2 egg collections. I feel like its a bit inaccurate for them to say they did 10 rounds before they had their baby.

Sigh... sorry just ranting today.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rarah11 View Post
    I'm still in TWW and I'm at the how will I cope if it fails again stage... Gone passed the stages of blissful ignorance and 'I feel like this is the one'..
    I go through stages like that too, but the thing is you will cope. It will be hard, it might take a while to start feeling ok again but you will get through. When our last cycle didn't work it took me a few weeks to feel happy again. We had to take a month off between cycles because I couldn't deal with the thought of injections again so soon. It was a dark couple of weeks but I made it through and so will you. Fx you don't need to though!

Me - 30, Dh - 38 ttc #1 since June 2011
    natural bfp June 2012 - mc 5.5 weeks; 5 cycles clomid; 1 unsuccessful ivf.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Galea View Post
    Morning lovely people.

Im having a fed up day today. Im so sick of doing this ivf crap. We decided we would go for donor eggs next round because I get so sick at epu.

Am I giving up? My husband says its my body and its up to me but I cant help but feel like im letting him down. But we are those unlucky ones that can only get one normal embryo, let alone any frosties. So each round costs $13500.

There a bloke I work with and him and his wife did 10 rounds..... I say 10 rounds but im my opinion thats crap. They had 10 transfers sure... but only 2 egg collections. I feel like its a bit inaccurate for them to say they did 10 rounds before they had their baby.

I hear you Galea! I am like you and only ever get one embryo to transfer stage. 2 cycles, 2 awful EPUs and only 2 embryos. I agree that there's a big difference between 10 fresh cycles and 2 fresh cycles and 8 FET. Oh how good it would be to get a frostie! Why are your cycles costing so much? With our first cycle I think we were about $3500 out of pocket, and our current cycle has been much less because we are over the Medicare threshold.

Is the reason you only have one embryo that they aren't collecting many eggs at EPU, or that the embryos aren't surviving to transfer?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am feeling the same and I have only started the journey...

Well got call.. Out if 4 eggs, 3 were mature, 1 failed fertilization, & 2 were still sitting at polar bodies so I am not sure what that means... Guess have to wait until tomorrow to see if they have moved passed that... Any feedback?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by phee83 View Post
    I hear you Galea! I am like you and only ever get one embryo to transfer stage. 2 cycles, 2 awful EPUs and only 2 embryos. I agree that there's a big difference between 10 fresh cycles and 2 fresh cycles and 8 FET. Oh how good it would be to get a frostie! Why are your cycles costing so much? With our first cycle I think we were about $3500 out of pocket, and our current cycle has been much less because we are over the Medicare threshold.

Is the reason you only have one embryo that they aren't collecting many eggs at EPU, or that the embryos aren't surviving to transfer?

Hey Phee. The reason we only get one is because all our embies have to be tested because of my translocation. A new other reason why it costs so much. Each round is $5000 out of pocket before anything else because cgh isnt covered by medicare.

First epu they took 18, 11 fertilised, 7 made itbto day 6 biopsy. 1 was normal, 3 abnormal and 3 unknown so they cant be used.

Second epu. 13 taken. 8 fertilised. 1 suitable for biopsy.
    So even before it gets tested we may get nothing out of this round.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Galea For This Useful Post:

Seahorse1xxx  (27-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi ladies

sorry to hear you are all having your ups and downs. It certainly is a very emotional roller coaster ride.

AFM - I have been watching this thread but not posting much. Ive been pretty sick since my BFP (but I'm not complaining) just glad to be here! Had our 6 week scan this morning and….its TWINS! We cannot believe it. I am definitely still in shock…..

Good luck to the TWW'ers! I hope to see some more graduates soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's fantastic news @90Bayside twins!!! Hope all goes smoothly for you from here.

AFM I'm 3dp5dt and I'm getting very bloated and uncomfortable and started getting pain up around my lungs and down the sides of my stomach and suspected OHSS so called the clinic and they said it would must probably be OHSS as my oestrogen level was quite high after my mid luteal BT yesterday. They are putting me on clexane so more needles :-(.
    I'm taking it as a good sign as last time I had OHSS it came around the same time and was pregnant with dd.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats @90Bayside. What fantastic news. Hope the sickness settles soon for you.

Ladies I'm completely with u regarding the ups and downs. I'm a bigger girl and last year lost 20kgs. Unfortunately then I saw 3 fs who gave me no hope of ever hsving children. In fact would not treat me. Between then and a bad back (ie much less exercise) and the stress of work and fertility, my weight started going up again. Then to finally gwt my old fs to give me new hope of going through ivf again and after all the drugs of my last round, weight went back up again.

I jumped straight back on the horse and am cycling again after my last failed ivf attempt, but feeling very hopeless at it working...right from the start. My husband just keeps saying stay positive but all the negative press and fs comments about weight have stuck.

Sorry for the vent but I guess what im trying to say is everyone on this journey has their difficulties and ups and downs. I for one am very thankful for the support and advice this forum provides.

Chins up ladies. I'll try that too!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning lovely people.

@Galea I completely hear you... It's a tough journey you need to do what is right for you and don't feel like your letting your DH I'm sure he doesn't feel that way - I've done 7 cycles but only 4 transfers with 5 fresh cycles and would love to be doing FET it does get expense with all these cycles... Sending you big hugs and please rant away - I do ;-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Phee. The reason we only get one is because all our embies have to be tested because of my translocation. A new other reason why it costs so much. Each round is $5000 out of pocket before anything else because cgh isnt covered by medicare.

First epu they took 18, 11 fertilised, 7 made itbto day 6 biopsy. 1 was normal, 3 abnormal and 3 unknown so they cant be used.

Second epu. 13 taken. 8 fertilised. 1 suitable for biopsy.
    So even before it gets tested we may get nothing out of this round.
    That sucks Galea. You definitely aren't giving up by considering donor eggs. If I was in your boat I probably would consider it too. Ultimately we may have to but I'm prepared to stick out a few more rounds. Both cycles we've only got 2 eggs at EPU - plenty of good sized follicles just no eggs. Yet my amh is fine. So although both have fertilised each time only one has made transfer. Hoping fs has some new tricks up his sleeve if this round doesn't work.
    @90Bayside omg! That's fantastic!!!!!!!