+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 45 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @babygirl7 We decided to get private health before we started IVF and I think it's worth it. It has saved us quite a bit on the private hospital fees that go along with IVF and I would like to have it when we eventually have a baby re giving birth and everything else around that time. We have had some other unrelated things we've claimed too, so for us it's been worthwhile
    Last edited by nvandmv; 06-03-2014 at 13:52.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to nvandmv For This Useful Post:

babygirl7  (06-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Bow Ties Are Cool thank you & that's what I'm trying to weigh up, if to get it or not as I'm looking at this from a long haul point of view.
    @nvandmv thank you & I'm trying to figure it all out, bit confusing, as I have never had private cover, i too would like private cover for if and when we do have a baby

I just don't know which is the right cover to get as I mainly want it for IVF etc, do you ladies think I should go in and talk to a private cover place regards what they can offer?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @babygirl7 I think that sounds like a good idea. Thinking long-term, I think it's worth it if you can afford it. I think there are websites where you can compare, and it does get more expensive if you join after 30 I think so it's something to think about anyway

5. The Following User Says Thank You to nvandmv For This Useful Post:

babygirl7  (06-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nvandmv View Post
    @babygirl7 We decided to get private health before we started IVF and I think it's worth it. It has saved us quite a bit on the private hospital fees that go along with IVF and I would like to have it when we eventually have a baby re giving birth and everything else around that time. We have had some other unrelated things we've claimed too, so for us it's been worthwhile
    @babygirl7 I second what @nvandmv said above. I have private health care and therefore didn't have to pay any hospital fees (EPU was done in a priv hospital). I'm also able to claim back some of my EPU costs in addition to Medicare's rebate.
    Also, with my last cycle I was admitted back into hosp for OHSS - stayed a week and didn't have to pay anything.

Also I too want it for when I'm eventually blessed with a baby. So I'll have the option of going to a priv hospital, or admitted as a private patient in a public hospital. If you're able to afford it I think it's great to have, both short term & long term - but everyone is different xx

7. The Following User Says Thank You to KayzB For This Useful Post:

babygirl7  (06-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I want to take this time to Thank all of you that have given me feedback about doctors and clinics... I have made a skype appointment with Dr Devora Leiberman from Genea for next Wednesday... And if AF stays away that long we might be able to start a cycle a few days following that... I was so excited I was able to get into see her straight away.... So FX everything runs according to plan.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds like a supportive dr to see you via skype!! Fingers crossed!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Bow Ties Are Cool For This Useful Post:

Precious40  (06-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's great @Soques! Hope it goes well for you
    @babygirl7 I have private health - I made the decision to get it so I could go private when we have a baby (actually joined and went through the waiting period before we started trying - seems so silly now that it's taking us so long but oh well!) Anyway it has been good for ivf - hospital covered and a few extra rebates plus I've been able to claim some of the acupuncture etc that I've also had.

Me - 30, Dh - 38 ttc #1 since June 2011
    natural bfn June 2012 - mc 5.5 weeks; 4 cycles clomid; 1 unsuccessful ivf.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to phee83 For This Useful Post:

babygirl7  (06-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Soques View Post
    I want to take this time to Thank all of you that have given me feedback about doctors and clinics... I have made a skype appointment with Dr Devora Leiberman from Genea for next Wednesday... And if AF stays away that long we might be able to start a cycle a few days following that... I was so excited I was able to get into see her straight away.... So FX everything runs according to plan.
    @Soques Skype appointment, that's awesome! So nice of her to be so accommodating. Hope the change brings you much luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone! Hope you're all holding up well!!
    @babygirl7 I'd recommend private health! It's saved us a fair bit so far as they admit me to the private hospital for every FET so it's at least $500 (prob more) each time that we don't have to pay because of our private health. That's on top go the clinic charges!! You can also claim other things like massage and acupuncture if you get extras as well.
    @Bow Ties Are Cool. I'm sorry to hear you didn't get any frosties but here's hoping it won't matter in the long run!!
    @Bettie I hope you've got some stickies on board!!
    @Soques, I hope your Skype appointment goes well and you find a FS that you're happy with!!

Sending good vibes to all the ladies who are jabbing away and those who are PUPO that I have missed.

AFM I had my FET today (2 day embryo) and all went to plan so have a long 2 weeks ahead of me... bring it on!! 😄

15. The Following User Says Thank You to GottaGetLucky For This Useful Post:

babygirl7  (06-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope the 2ww treats you well @GottaGetLucky I have my scan next week for FET - hopefully everything will be on track & I can join you with a successful transfer!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to KayzB For This Useful Post:

GottaGetLucky  (06-03-2014)