+ Reply to Thread
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Weaning off bfing?

Sorry if these are dumb questions but.....my twins are 8 months old now and I'm wondering how the weaning process works from here. They are currently still breastfeeding 4 times a day and eating solids 3 times a day. So how exactly does the breastfeeding drop away in the future? Are there particular feeds that I just stop offering? They breastfeed at 7am, 11am, 3pm and 6.30pm (they sleep 7pm - 6.30am). Solids always come after breastfeeding still, but they are never particularly desperate for the breastfeeds. I know it should still be their main nourishment at this age and I'm in no rush to stop, but I'm wondering when and what the next stage might be? Can anyone advise?

Sent from my GT-S7500T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    As long as you and bubs are happy to continue there is no need to stop once they reach 1. However my ds started to show less interest in certain feeds so I stopped offering but if he asked for it or showed interest I still gave it.

He fed at 7, 11, 2, 6.30 and then 2-3 times overnight and also had three meals a day. Just before one he stopped showing interest in the 11am.

He is 16 months now and about 2 months ago he dropped the 2pm one also. These were both replaced with snacks now. The 2pm one he hadn't been having on my two work days but still wanted them on days I was with him for about a month before dropping completely.

He now only feeds once overnight for the last month or so as he has a sippy cup of water beside his cot. So he was more thirsty than hungry.

Some mornings when he wakes he isn't overly fussed for a bf so I think that will be the next to go soon.

That being said, when he is sick or teething everything goes out the window and he wants it more. Had three last night cos he is sick.

Well done on making it to 8 months with twins. :thumbup: