+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by One of THOSE mums! View Post
    They turn into the moths.

lol makes sense I thought the larvue might have looked like maggots, glad I got to them early then =)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do they have to be fresh bay leaves or will dried work? Thanks for all of the tips. I hate these horrible moths

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by cappy View Post
    Do they have to be fresh bay leaves or will dried work? Thanks for all of the tips. I hate these horrible moths
    Dried should be fine. It's what my mother always used and it seemed to work.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

4. The Following User Says Thank You to HarvestMoon For This Useful Post:

cappy  (02-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you everyone. Will be going down tomorrow to buy bay leaves and traps. Will try anything.

Just when I thought I had cleaned out my pantry I thought I should check the little holes where the hooks to hold the shelves go and surprise surprise they are all in there too! Soooooo disgusting!

Will let you know how the saga of the multiply larvae and moths turn out!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by crankyoldcow View Post
    I've got them back. Grrr. Previously I threw out all open packets and wiped down the inside of my pantry.

I'm not sure if they are back because I didn't get rid of them properly the first time or if it is a reinfestation.

I've just bought some pantry moth traps. Not sure if I need to spray the cupboard as well. I really don't like doing that near food.
    I had mine come back too and I pulled everything out of the pantry and threw out almost everything. Washed every surface and pulled shelves out to wipe them down. And went right around all the cornices and skirting boards of the house and wiped them down. Massive job but that was several weeks ago now and I haven't seen them since.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't spray near food and I only sprayed the house when dh was able I take dd out for the day and she wouldn't be here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We had only just moved here when mine appeared so I didn't wipe down again (I'm talking been in a week) just threw out open packets and used the traps. They would have been here as I hadn't had a problem in my old house ever and I use Tupperware for just about everything. I've kept traps out since and haven't had a problem. But keeping traps out means any new ones will hopefully die before they breed!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by crankyoldcow View Post
    I've got them back. Grrr. Previously I threw out all open packets and wiped down the inside of my pantry.

I'm not sure if they are back because I didn't get rid of them properly the first time or if it is a reinfestation.

I've just bought some pantry moth traps. Not sure if I need to spray the cupboard as well. I really don't like doing that near food.
    We just had them as well, you have to be so thorough with what's in the pantry, any moths/larvae/webbing inside has to go. We found them inside brand new and sealed packets it was insane where they were able to get to! Unopened cereal, pasta, sultanas the works. I also vacuumed them off the ceiling every day whilst getting rid of the contaminated food as I didn't want to spray.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ours seem to have gone now thanks to the bay leaves I've put all through our pantry. Amazing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Aghhhhhhh. The stupid things are back!!!! Went and brought pantry moth baits today and put them all through my house. These things are disgusting! If this doesn't work I don't know what else to do! Maybe we will just move!