+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Bleeding at 8 weeks

So I woke up this morning and after I went to the toilet there is blood in the water... then I wiped and I was bleeding red blood. I've put on a pad and it's been an hour but there's no blood on the pad yet. Should I go to the hospital today? If I was going to miscarry how long before the bleeding would get worse? I've had no cramping or anything, just this bleeding. I'm so scared! Is there any chance I won't miscarry? I've been under massive amounts of stress the last few weeks, I've been told that stress won't cause it, but now here I am bleeding... I don't know what to do... :-(
    Last edited by webby; 01-03-2014 at 06:56.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi webby. It sounds like you're really worried about it so it may be best to get it checked out at hospital. It may be nothing or there could be a problem but you won't know until you get checked out. Try to stay calm and take it easy (easier said than done). I hope everything is fine. Take care honey x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just to reassure you, I had bleeds with both pregnancies between 8-10 weeks. Needing a pad, liner wasn't enough. When I queried it Dr said uterus goes from size of an orange to a grapefruit by week 10 so the stretching sometimes causes a bleed. Hopefully that's all it is. Take care xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Stress won't cause mc. Was the dating scan you had matching up with your last period dates? I think it would make you feel better if you got another scan. xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazza78 View Post
    Stress won't cause mc. Was the dating scan you had matching up with your last period dates? I think it would make you feel better if you got another scan. xxx
    Yes everything matched up and everything was OK. I still haven't had anymore bleeding and I rang 13health and talked to them, they said that unless it gets worse or keeps going over a few days then to go back to doc in the next few days.. it's calmed me down a little. but i'm just a little freaked out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If you had bowels open then it could be from pressure on cervix. Did the bled stop after toilet bowl. I bet everything is fine xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a bleed at around 8 weeks. There was no cramping, but lots of blood (red for ~24 hours, then brown) and I was so sure I was miscarrying.

I went to the hospital and they couldn't really do much as it was the weekend, but they told me to go home and rest, and get an ultrasound done the following week.

I went in on the Monday for an ultrasound. The baby was fine, but I had a subchorionic haemorrhage, which was the cause of the bleed.

The rest of the pregnancy was fine.

It's a really good sign that the bleeding has stopped. Fingers crossed all is ok

Thanks
    Reviews
    so after this morning I didn't have anymore red blood at all... now i'm just getting brown blood when I wipe... but ok yeah? cause brown blood is old blood? I was planning on going to the doctor on Monday...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    That's right, I wouldn't worry as also given its 8 weeks, often women bleed when they would normally have had a period. Did you have normal 28 day cycles before getting pregnant? Also DTD can cause bleeding too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I had bleeding around the 8 week mark with both of my pregnancies. And both (thankfully) turned out fine.

With my first the doctor said some bleeding can be normal. She sent me to get blood work to see if my hcg levels were still rising.

With my second I went to a second doctor who said "if you're worried I can refer you for an ultrasound." ---- I snapped up the chance to check that bubba was ok.

Perhaps go see your GP and tell them you are worried. If bleeding gets worse go to the emergency department.

Best of luck...