+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yep I would, It's just a toy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Buy him a bear instead of doll

Sent from my bite mark free Galaxy Note 3

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Just buy it ? What's the worse that could happen ? Your son likes it ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I pull out a very sarcastic "yes, we don't want him to catch the gay".
    DH gets that if DS plays with "girl" toys, he is just playing.
    Who gives a rats.
    A child is born how they are, and who cares anyway as long as they are happy.
    Men can have such warped ideas sometimes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    If you are planning on having another kid you could tell your DH that your DS having a dolly will help him get used to the idea of 'babies' (being gentle, changing nappies, feeding etc).

This practical argument may away the most 'macho' men...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am so keen to get him a dolly now! And i told DH straight today that its happening, that he is allowed to play "dad's'' DH agreed that when i say it that way he feels a bit better about it, he's just not keen on a pink clothes doll...

I cant help but feel this is his parents influence. After me not having anything to do with them for 2 years (long story - inlaws form hell) the first time they met DS MIL started saying how he better not turn out to be gay, and then she started saying a prayer to DS to 'prey the gay out of him' ... I was so shocked i didn't know what to say, then as I processed it i became upset and ended up fighting with DH about it and he ended up calling up his mum and telling her its not on, that he has had a hard time over coming their anti gay crap they projected on him all his childhood, and he wont have it with DS.. but i can't help but feel he is going to project it onto DS because he was brought up with it and doing it subconsciously...

I think the only way i can defeat this nonsense is to stand strong about it, buy DS his dolly's and get prepared to tell people to bugger off with any old fashioned crap like that. Feeling annoyed just thinking about it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So good to hear. Very proud to hear this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DS got my two baby dolls to play with. He went through a stage of really loving babies so one or both would come in the car to daycare at the time. He would sleep with the smaller one to.

I think it's great and to all kids it's just a toy. It is some adults that put a gender specific name to the toys.