+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Thumbs down DH is against me buying DS a doll....

DS has just turned 2, and he seems to be showing a lot of interest in dolls, like barbi dolls - but more so 'baby dolls' -ya know the ones that resemble a real life baby. DH is a real blokey boke. Strong built, manly... and he protests at the idea of me buying DS his own baby dolly.... I want to get DS one and plan to this weekend, but DH thinks i am 'corrupting him' and holding him back from becoming a 'man' by getting him that. I don't think this is the case at all, he's only 2 years old - and IMO so what if he grows up different to DH! But I doubt it as DS is very boyish. He loves his cars and trucks....loves mud and dirt....but he is also showing interest in babies. He points at pics of him as a baby and says 'bubby bubby' I dont really know what I am asking here, as i plan to buy the doll anyways regardless of what DH has to say about it! Life is all about variety! I personally feel its DS wanting a baby sibling, more so than him wanting to be a girl.

Would you buy your DS a 'doll' if he showed a lot of interest in one?
    Last edited by Serenity Love; 28-02-2014 at 23:05.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think dolls are an important part of any child's development. Learning to care and look after something. Kids practice dressing, feeding and playing with dolls.

You never know he might grow up to be a..... Dad.

3. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

crazyaboutbubs  (01-03-2014),Fox in Sox  (01-03-2014),haveheart  (01-03-2014),headoverfeet  (01-03-2014),LoveLivesHere  (01-03-2014),PurpleButterfly4  (01-03-2014),Serenity Love  (28-02-2014),snowqu33n  (01-03-2014),tricks  (01-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    @VicPark had a good thread going before Christmas about this. Lots of helpful stuff in it

5. The Following User Says Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

Serenity Love  (28-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...d.php?t=509795

This is the thread. My hubby was a bit surprised at the initial suggestion... Now he's the first one to suggest my toddler go 'feed his baby.'

7. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Serenity Love  (28-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    I think dolls are an important part of any child's development. Learning to care and look after something. Kids practice dressing, feeding and playing with dolls.

You never know he might grow up to be a..... Dad.
    I was looking for the meme that said this.

It said - "wont let your boy play with dolls- afraid he might grow up to be a ...
    Daddy

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maternidade For This Useful Post:

haveheart  (01-03-2014),Serenity Love  (28-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by maternidade View Post

It said - "wont let your boy play with dolls- afraid he might grow up to be a ...
    Daddy
    Haha yep i read it out to DH the other day and it did shut him up for the first time about it! But then the next day he was back protesting when i mentioned buying DS that doll he was wanting at the toy store (and DH bought him a spider man figurine instead, which DS didn't want and doesn't play with at all!!)

Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...d.php?t=509795

This is the thread. My hubby was a bit surprised at the initial suggestion... Now he's the first one to suggest my toddler go 'feed his baby.'

Oh awesome thanks heaps, ill go have a read

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great thread @VicPark - just after reading the first page of it I realise I am not alone with this macho man silliness from the husbands, and that i must get out and buy that doll (and pram!!) for DS tomorrow!!! I feel bad now for letting DH dictate and deprive him!! he absolutely loves pushing the small antique pram around at my mums house with a toy doll in it.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Serenity Love For This Useful Post:

headoverfeet  (01-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by maternidade View Post

Daddy
    Makes sense

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My DH is a blokey bloke as well but DS had DD's dolls to play with so I didn't have to deal with that side of it. One day he just wanted to play with it. DH mucks around that he has an issue but I think he knows it is no reflection on how masculine a child is going to turn out. And I also did use the - he is going to be a Dad one day - line as well. He did have something to day when DD started dressing DS up in her tutu's! Would your DH care if you had a DD and she wanted trucks or cars? I think enough evidence is out there to show that it is a natural part of developement just as DD playing star-wars everyday at lunch time is normal as well. I'd just do it - as long as you are confident your DH is not going to ridicule your DS is he does start playing with his doll.

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    We are getting ds15Mths one if these dolls. I like that they not stereotypically girlie

http://www.dragonflytoys.com.au/shop...andmade-Dolls/