+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellaxo View Post
    Sorry I forgot to say that - yep the social worker on my behalf changed my 36 week appointment for the OB rather than a midwife appt, I have nothing but nice things to say about the lady who helped me set it all up, she was so lovely.

I have my 34 week appt today, and my forms say I need to discuss 'birth preferences' with her then, but I'll just stick to my guns and talk it over with the OB in a fortnight. I am however going through the screening and vaxxing info to give the MW today.
    They'll most likely just want to run through things like support people, pain relief options etc with you. Just say you've spoken to the anaesthetist and you're seeing the obs next week to hopefully book in a c/s. They won't push you too much. They will likely want to discuss hep b and vitamin k with you and make sure you're otherwise ready to have a baby

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RipperRita View Post
    I didn't go to Mater but was at a public hospital. My first c section was emergency but my second was requested very early on by myself due to anxiety. The doctors were very supportive of my wishes however there were a couple of midwives that were pushing for a vbac and didn't seem to have any understanding of severe anxiety. Good luck. My second elective c section was one of the most beautiful experiences of my life xx
    Thanks so much for this , I have felt that with the midwives too, very blasse about anxiety actually being of any importance, but as you'd know, it's absolutely crippling to live with, particularly with birth looming, and then having to worry about the opinions of the people you're getting care from! So glad to hear your elective was lovely! x

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bellaxo For This Useful Post:

RipperRita  (19-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Bellaxo, good to hear you were able to see the Social Worker and I think with her on board, you will have the support there when you need to see the Ob etc. I think you will be fine, as you said, just stick to your guns and let them know exactly how crippling your anxiety is. Good luck hon, hopefully we will all be reading about your wonderful c/section birth in the near future!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks @Uniquey!

I had my MW appointment, she was great, could obviously see on my chart the numerous mentions of depression and anxiety, so when I said I was seeing the OB instead of her at 36 weeks to talk about c-sections she just said if it's what I want, the OB won't stand in the way, and said how naturally midwives are more pro natural birth, due to the lesser risk involved, but the mothers mental health is equally an important factor.

Happy to say I am feeling MUCH more supported than I was just 3 weeks ago, I am now starting to look forward to meeting this little guy, rather than dreading it!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bellaxo For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (20-03-2014),M'LadyEm  (20-03-2014),Mod-Uniquey  (20-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Aww, so good to read you sounding much more confident and supported and if it helps to ease your anxiety, even just a little, for the rest of your pregnancy, then you are already half way there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Any update @Bellaxo. I imagine you would have had your 36 week appt by now. Have you got your cs date booked in? :-D

9. The Following User Says Thank You to M'LadyEm For This Useful Post:

Mod-Uniquey  (07-04-2014)